Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Calling Out UFC - Head Stomp, Soccer Kicks Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Calling Out UFC - Head Stomp, Soccer Kicks Included within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
EA Sports MMA Video: Calling Out UFC - Head Stomp, Soccer Kicks Included

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: EA SPORTS MMA Calls Out UFC - Head Stomp Included

I like that. Let the game do the talking. Thanks for the post. Nice vid.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Excellent video
Old 09-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Great video. I also think this is one of those cases Dana needs to swallow his pride and work a deal out with EA. EA of course has the better talent than THQ, more resources, better tech, more financial backing, and just a much better company to be tied to for your product.

UFC would benefit much better with a EA logo backing them. Already THQ has put Dana in a hole. First they release a great year one product. Then in typical THQ fashion ruin the following year and then now is pushing back another title for couple years because of their screw ups. So THQ has now put a horrible taste in its fan base mouths, has made zero effort to give the fans what they been begging for, and has taking money out of Dana's pocket. Now even more so with the pushing back of another release. What a HORRIBLE screw up by THQ with UFC 2010!!

EA is going to capitalize on this and will seriously hurt the next UFC game sales. Gamers know EA's reputation with sports titles and know EA will bring the heat to THQ. We all would love a solid MMA game with the UFC license. But we as gamers know that our money and time will be spent on which ever game has the best gameplay......NOT the game with the license.

Dana's best interest for his company(To make the most money & release a better product) would be to swallow his pride and contact EA and collaborate with them for a full UFC/Strike force/Pride title. The complete MMA experience by EA would be INSANE!!!!!

Last edited by Phobia; 09-17-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #5

OVR: 34

The next UFC game is going to have to be very well done with game features that are relevant and work correctly.

One of the reasons I look forward to EA MMA is because of its relevancy to not just MMA but gamers. How long have sports gamers been asking for tournaments where you can be a spectator? At the end of that Gamespot interview, the interviewer is very surprised and asks them to repeat what they just said. Racing games do it. FPS multiplayer games allow it, it seems to me that spectating in a game would be a given, especially this far along in this generation.

I understand gameplay is primary, but at the same time, if the game is fun and does what it advertises, that covers minor gameplay issues. FN4 is a good example of this. I hated the stamina in that game, yet, I had a lot of playing time with it online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Calling Out UFC - Head Stomp, Soccer Kicks Included

No broken controllers? hahahahahhaha
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Dana's best interest for his company(To make the most money & release a better product) would be to swallow his pride and contact EA and collaborate with them for a full UFC/Strike force/Pride title. The complete MMA experience by EA would be INSANE!!!!!
Th UFC brand will be fine. Sure, 2010 had problems, but the main issue was making a yearly franchise out of a MMA game. It sold poorly and THQ has seemingly given up on it while pushing the next title back to 2012.

As for EA, as I said in another post, White won't have to swallow any pride. He's gone back on numerous crap he spewed out of his mouth, and this would be no different. Peter Moore wasn't even with EA when White got so offended, and Moore has shown nothing but respect to the sport.

I personally like the competition, and would rather not see EA go after the UFC license anyways. There isn't another company around willing to drop the kinds of cash EA is on a UFC-less MMA game. So let THQ have the UFC, but hopefully they just feel the pressure to actually keep it good.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Th UFC brand will be fine. Sure, 2010 had problems, but the main issue was making a yearly franchise out of a MMA game. It sold poorly and THQ has seemingly given up on it while pushing the next title back to 2012.

As for EA, as I said in another post, White won't have to swallow any pride. He's gone back on numerous crap he spewed out of his mouth, and this would be no different. Peter Moore wasn't even with EA when White got so offended, and Moore has shown nothing but respect to the sport.

I personally like the competition, and would rather not see EA go after the UFC license anyways. There isn't another company around willing to drop the kinds of cash EA is on a UFC-less MMA game. So let THQ have the UFC, but hopefully they just feel the pressure to actually keep it good.
This is actually a really great point BK

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »