Home

New EA Sports MMA gameplay video off a french website

This is a discussion on New EA Sports MMA gameplay video off a french website within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: New EA Sports MMA gameplay video off a french website

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Thanks for the vids. In the second video, it looks like stamina is effecting the one who is placing the submission more than the one being put into submission. I understand how that would work but I think the one being put into submission should see more of a drop. You are actively trying to work out of that hold, which in turn wears you out. I also don't like how quickly stamina appears to regenerate.

I'm not an MMA fighter, but I wrestled for several years and I know that it wears your stamina down big time. It takes time to recuperate and I feel during that time you are very vulnerable. I'm not sure I see that here.

One thing that is certain is that when people know what they are doing the game looks much better in motion.
1) We don't know a few things about the stamina in these video. But I agree with ya stamina is important. But being that Anim8tor is a ex fighter I would think this part is being done correctly. In the punch blog after a stamina comment he put in quotes "Notice a trend here". As if a little stab at him pointing out stamina is a big deal to them.
........a) The stamina ratings of those fighters
........b) The skill level game is being played on
........c) What the players are doing on the sticks

2) You can see in other videos that certain fighters barely regain stamina and have been seen slowly dragging themselves around the ring while recovering. This video was the very first round and clearly both fighters would be very fresh. A better indication of how stamina is effected is to watch a 3 round fight and see if stamina slowly degrades over 3 rounds. Then we will have a better idea how stamina is utilized in the game.

3) The game definitely looked much better in the second video. It flowed wonderfully and the ground game looked fantastic. Overall I am so damn pumped for this demo.

Last edited by Phobia; 09-22-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Looks cool, but man am I skeptical...

All of these games look awesome until people here get them and then they find all the game killing bugs and design issues lol

I don't think there's any way EA has made a game that will make people here happy, but that's just my opinion.

I hope it's fun to play offline, if it is then I'll have to pick it up.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Looks cool, but man am I skeptical...

All of these games look awesome until people here get them and then they find all the game killing bugs and design issues lol

I don't think there's any way EA has made a game that will make people here happy, but that's just my opinion.

I hope it's fun to play offline, if it is then I'll have to pick it up.
I don't know mgo. I LOVE NHL, FIFA, NCAA 11, Fight Night RD 4, etc

Only EA game I know that gets a lot of heat year in and year out is Madden and I honestly can see why with that. It is little more than a roster update most of the time. But the moment you see them put alot of effort such as NCAA11 you see fans react how you would expect. People are excited and happy they made some advancements.

Last edited by Phobia; 09-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I don't know mgo. I LOVE NHL, FIFA, NCAA 11, Fight Night RD 4, etc

Only EA game I know that gets a lot of heat year in and year out is Madden and I honestly can see why with that. It is little more than a roster update most of the time. But the moment you see them put alot of effort such as NCAA11 you see fans react how you would expect. People are excited and happy they made some advancements.
I'm not hating on EA as much as how hard I think it'll be for any gaming company to make a fun fighting (MMA or Boxing) that appeals both to the casual crowd along with the hardcore crowd like us.

I really hope it's a fun game though...i honestly do.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm not hating on EA as much as how hard I think it'll be for any gaming company to make a fun fighting (MMA or Boxing) that appeals both to the casual crowd along with the hardcore crowd like us.

I really hope it's a fun game though...i honestly do.
Yea I see your point. I am honestly not looking to hardcore at it being ultra-realistic. I want to to be FUN, easy to play, good chess match feel, and good balance.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea I see your point. I am honestly not looking to hardcore at it being ultra-realistic. I want to to be FUN, easy to play, good chess match feel, and good balance.
Yeah, and that's all the hard part....Submissions are either too easy or too hard. Knockouts are too easy or too often, etc. I'm cautiously optimistic, but they usually side towards the arcade playstyle in these games....
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I do think the guy playing as hansrn took it easy on kawajiri because it was the real kawjiri fighing him, especially since he was one of the developers, he threw it so the real kawajiri wouldnt kick his real *** lol. i dont think he attempted to fight the submission as you saw no stamina drain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
Rookie

SgtDillznick's Arena

OVR: 3

These videos look great and are killing me with anticipation for this game.

I got a quick question. I know Annim8tor has answered a few questions on these boards, but I'm not sure if he was asked this:

Can the initiation of a submission attempt be blocked from the get go? Or is it like UFC Undisputed where clicking R3 automatically initiates the submission and all you can do is escape?

The is what killed UFC 2009 online for me. The ole' GSP glitch. Side-control, R3, L3, R3, L3, R3, L3, R3, FIGHT OVER!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »