Home

EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Um ok so I have had 3 fights. My third fight Shields(me) vs. Miller went to decision... I laid on Miller in typical Shields fashion for 3 rounds. Yet we get to score cards and judges totals were me. 1. 29, 2. 29, 3. 28... Miller 1. 26, 2. 27, 3. 27... yet it says he won the fight? Am I missing something here? lol

Otherwise this is fantastic! what a brilliant representation of mma. I was hesitant after the first game because Lashley worked me, but after learning the controls it's fabulous. I do have one question for developers... Will other arenas be specific to styles? I have no problem with the amount of wrestling in the cage, but I know in Japan you will see way more striking that what I am seeing. Just curious
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #18

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports MMA Demo Available For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
Striking with the stick feels completely unresponsive to me, especially when trying to throw kicks.
I feel this way too. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but kicks seem odd.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I feel this way too. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but kicks seem odd.
I think my only issue is getting UFC 2010 out my head. Me and Meth fought 5 or 6 fights last night and then I go and try this demo. So my natural instinct kept going to the ufc controls. I don't think it is so much the controls is unresponsive. I think my response time is the problem. I need to mess with it more tonight to get a better idea.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #20
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Okay so i played a few matches and im liking the game so far. Graphics are amazing and it looks like an actual fight. I'm still getting used to the controls as I have never played Fight Night before.

I cant figure out how to throw head kicks, i've only been throwing leg kicks so far.

Once you get the full mount it seems like its an automatic win. I've only been playing on Medium difficulty so maybe that has something to do with it. But everytime i've gotten the mount I end up knocking the guy out.

Submissions are REALLY a chess match. I've been thrown in the triangle twice and go choked out because I couldnt figure out how the submission zone thing works.

The ground game is great. Its simple but complex at the same time. Simple because all you have to do is press the A button to transition(there's no major and minor transitions like UFC).....but complex because you have to time it right and preserve your stamina.

I'm getting used to striking with the Right Stick. Its not as responsive as I would like for it to be, but once the punches land they look fluid and realistic.

The CPU goes for takedowns a lot in this demo. But sprawling is easy because you just hit the B button. Overall i'm liking the feel of the demo, and looking forward to the actual game.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

This game is amazing. I must have seen 5 different throws with Overeem alone. And I do like how stamina plays a HUGE role in this game.

I do love the fact that you aren't defenseless when somebody is standing in your guard over you. You can up kick them in the jaw ANDDDDDDDDDD SWEEP THEM ! Lashely was standing over me, I upped kicked a few times, then stuck both my feet in his gut and tossed him to the side. That move was nice.

So is pushing him up against the cage, kneeing his body, doing foot stomps and throwing elbows up against the cage. The submission moves are nasty on this game. I do like it how you really have to time it and if you miss an attempt you take a pretty good size stamina hit.

And I do like how the characters play to their strengths. Lashley didn't want any part of the stand up and always looked to shoot in on me. But since he isn't good in submissions, he didn't try to sub me, he was more interested trying to get into full mount to ground and pound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This game is amazing. I must have seen 5 different throws with Overeem alone. And I do like how stamina plays a HUGE role in this game.

I do love the fact that you aren't defenseless when somebody is standing in your guard over you. You can up kick them in the jaw ANDDDDDDDDDD SWEEP THEM ! Lashely was standing over me, I upped kicked a few times, then stuck both my feet in his gut and tossed him to the side. That move was nice.

So is pushing him up against the cage, kneeing his body, doing foot stomps and throwing elbows up against the cage. The submission moves are nasty on this game. I do like it how you really have to time it and if you miss an attempt you take a pretty good size stamina hit.

And I do like how the characters play to their strengths. Lashley didn't want any part of the stand up and always looked to shoot in on me. But since he isn't good in submissions, he didn't try to sub me, he was more interested trying to get into full mount to ground and pound.
League here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man this is going to be E.P.I.C!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

god damn, when is this coming out for ps3...im so jealous!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #24
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Is this game really that good? I might just have to pick it up sometime then. Not right now, because I've got NBA 2K11 on pre-order already, but perhaps for Christmas. I've been craving for a good, realistic fighting game on the 360, but the UFC games were a little too much on the wacky side of the realism spectrum for me.

How are the fundamentals in this game? Are hooks and uppercuts the only effective punches, or do jabs and straights matter as well? Also, do leg kicks have any significant effect? I'm a huge Muay Thai person, and I'd love to see it being well represented in the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »