Home

EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #33
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports MMA Demo Available For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Impressions Here

Are submissions pretty realistic then? I'm a big submission guy, but in UFC 2010 on the highest level it can be pretty easy once you've learned the stamina tricks to get the opponent to be tired...

I don't want them too hard though, or too easy...It's gotta be tough to code because it should be possible to get a early sub, but also not super easy.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Are submissions pretty realistic then? I'm a big submission guy, but in UFC 2010 on the highest level it can be pretty easy once you've learned the stamina tricks to get the opponent to be tired...

I don't want them too hard though, or too easy...It's gotta be tough to code because it should be possible to get a early sub, but also not super easy.
They seem perfect mgo

It is really really tough to describe it but it FEELS perfect. Hell the whole demo FEELS so great.

I think EA will knock this one out the park with the full game.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #35
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
They seem perfect mgo

It is really really tough to describe it but it FEELS perfect. Hell the whole demo FEELS so great.

I think EA will knock this one out the park with the full game.
Nice...look forward to playing tonight sometime...

I'm really excited not to have to shine, and my right palm will thank me lol That can hurt if you play enough in a row....
Old 09-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

How great is it that the jab and straights are effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can literally keep a fighter at bay with the jab and use it to set them up for other moves.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Oh yeah I almost forgot. The sway system is 10x better then that BS Undisputed 2010 had. It is way more responsive. And you can fake a takedown on an opponent, which is nice. Fakes really are effective when set up right.

I was taking Shields down instantly for the 1st 2 minutes of the round. Then I faked a takedown, he went to sprawl and I clocked him with an right uppercut, KO'ed him. Also I can really feel the difference between the heavyweights and middleweights on this demo. Miller and Sheilds move way quicker then Lashley and Overeem.

Body blows are deadly when they land dead on. I was taunting Shields and he kicked me right in the gut, knocked the wind right out of me, I was stunned, had me saying oh crap !
Old 09-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Nice...look forward to playing tonight sometime...

I'm really excited not to have to shine, and my right palm will thank me lol That can hurt if you play enough in a row....
Or like the mistake I made one night. I got out the shower and jumped right into some UFC2010. Next thing I know I have this huge hole on my palm my right hand where the skin was soft from the water and it just tore a huge chunk of skin out.

I am sooooooooooo pumped for the game. I will be playing this demo till release day
Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Game plays like a charm. Especially on the ground. The controls are so simple, but the game so intricate. Beautiful.

However, Simon, one thing I can already tell is going to be problem is the judges' scoring. I've gone to decision twice and both times the judges' scored the fight oddly. It would be a shame to have an awesome five round fight go to the judges', only for it to be ruined by wackadoo scoring. Let me explain.

For instance, in one fight I had two judges score two rounds 10-10 (which I'm okay with even though judges' in real life still haven't grasped this ability to score a round even), and then another judge scored those same two rounds 10-8. Even Cecil Peoples isn't that bad. For one judge to see the fight so close that he awards neither fighter the round, and for another to see the fight so dominate in one fighter's favor to award it 10-8 is absurd. The 10-10 score was far more reflective of the round, as both fighters neutralized one another. There may be no dice rolls in the actual gameplay, but it sure feels like the judges' scores are.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
Game plays like a charm. Especially on the ground. The controls are so simple, but the game so intricate. Beautiful.

However, Simon, one thing I can already tell is going to be problem is the judges' scoring. I've gone to decision twice and both times the judges' scored the fight oddly. It would be a shame to have an awesome five round fight go to the judges', only for it to be ruined by wackadoo scoring. Let me explain.

For instance, in one fight I had two judges score two rounds 10-10 (which I'm okay with even though judges' in real life still haven't grasped this ability to score a round even), and then another judge scored those same two rounds 10-8. Even Cecil Peoples isn't that bad. For one judge to see the fight so close that he awards neither fighter the round, and for another to see the fight so dominate in one fighter's favor to award it 10-8 is absurd. The 10-10 score was far more reflective of the round, as both fighters neutralized one another. There may be no dice rolls in the actual gameplay, but it sure feels like the judges' scores are.
That could be a good thing. Just like real MMA. Like they always say "Don't let it go to the judges". Because at that point you never know what can happen. I like SOME randomness with the judges. But I also want to see when someone dominates that they get the credit, but a close fight should go either way.

I have not had a decision yet. I plan on getting a couple tonight So I will check it out and see
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »