Home

EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #41
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports MMA Demo Available For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Impressions Here

The submissions on this game are different. For joint locks it is a matter of carefully tapping the button. For chokes it is the stick. However everything is in harmony though. Do it too fast you gas out and don't get it. Do it too slow and they escape.

This demo is a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #42
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Man I can't wait till this comes on the PS3!!! Sounds like an awesome game!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #43
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Just had a great battle against Lashley. Lashley of course went for the takedown every chance he got. He got like 17/34 takedowns on me. I wanted to keep it standing up this match just to get a good feel for the striking. Overeem is a beast man!

The combos that you can link up in this game is amazing. I knocked lashley down twice from standing strikes. And Phobia you are right, the jab is crazy in this game. Very effective. But anyway, I knocked Lashley down the 2nd time and just unloaded on him!!!! The camera angle changes and it feels like you are literally a part of the action.

The only thing i'm worried about so far is that whenever I get the mount and start unloading strikes, the CPU just sits there and doesnt even try to transition out of it. I keep having to stand up because I dont wanna knock him out in the mount.

Man, I dont know how i'm gonna buy this and NBA 2K11....one game is gonna have to take a back seat unfortunately.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #44
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow this sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #45
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The submissions on this game are different. For joint locks it is a matter of carefully tapping the button. For chokes it is the stick. However everything is in harmony though. Do it too fast you gas out and don't get it. Do it too slow and they escape.

This demo is a blast.
I like how it's more strategy here...in UFC it's all strategy about when to sink it in, but if you picked the right time (opponent low on stamina) and shined hard it'd be a sub 100% of the time...
Old 09-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

OMG I am having 3 round wars with Miller and Shields. They counter damn near everything and escape out of submissions, go for submissions, go for slams, it is a war with these two.

Shields tried to put me in a triangle choke, I picked him up and slammed out of it. Then I tried to ground and pound, he swept me. I went for a triangle and he slammed out of it.

Came second round it was more of the same, I went for the takedown and he countered with a gullotine. After a minute I got out of it. Then he went for an arm bar and I was like oh crap, took me a while to get out of that too.

We were rolling around on the mat for the whole 2nd round. 3rd round was more of a stand up. I was peppering him with leg kicks, while he constantly tried to pin me against the cage. I must say I am impressed that you can block knees to the body up against the cage with your own knee.

But anyway, I stomped on his feet a few times, which caused his stamina to drop just enough for me to trip him down to the mat. Started to ground and pound, then I seen something I wasn't expecting. He was kneeing me from the bottom. I was like wow you can knee a guy from half guard from the bottom ? OMG ! NICEEEEEEEEEEE

Truly you are not safe anywhere in this game. Why you can even get swept from full mount postered up. I also like the fact you can dodge jumping punches into guard. Shields tried to do that everytime I was on the ground, he tried to dive punch into my guard and I just slipped my head to the side and he hit nothing but the mat with his fist, causing him to take a stamina hit.

And like others said, these 5 minute rounds are long as hell. I swear one round on this game seems like 3 rounds on Undisputed 2010. Which is a good thing. I can't want to fight in 15 minute 1st rounds they have in japan.

Truly is a chess match. their is a counter to everything, you can be attacked from any position, so there really isn't a true dominant position.

Honestly if I having a blast having a ground war with well rounded fighters like Miller and Shields, I can't imagine how a ground war with true ground master fighters going to be like.

Well done EA, well done.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Just had a great battle against Lashley. Lashley of course went for the takedown every chance he got. He got like 17/34 takedowns on me. I wanted to keep it standing up this match just to get a good feel for the striking. Overeem is a beast man!

The combos that you can link up in this game is amazing. I knocked lashley down twice from standing strikes. And Phobia you are right, the jab is crazy in this game. Very effective. But anyway, I knocked Lashley down the 2nd time and just unloaded on him!!!! The camera angle changes and it feels like you are literally a part of the action.

The only thing i'm worried about so far is that whenever I get the mount and start unloading strikes, the CPU just sits there and doesnt even try to transition out of it. I keep having to stand up because I dont wanna knock him out in the mount.

Man, I dont know how i'm gonna buy this and NBA 2K11....one game is gonna have to take a back seat unfortunately.
LOL no NBA 2k11 for me. I am just sticking with NBA 2k10

Isn't the striking great. It feels so good to be able to utilize the jab correctly. Then follow with powerful strikes.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
That could be a good thing. Just like real MMA. Like they always say "Don't let it go to the judges". Because at that point you never know what can happen. I like SOME randomness with the judges. But I also want to see when someone dominates that they get the credit, but a close fight should go either way.

I have not had a decision yet. I plan on getting a couple tonight So I will check it out and see
No, no, you misunderstand. I'm all for having variable judging, but I'm talking judging so bad, that if it happened it real life the judge would be fired on the spot. I'm talking two to three times worse judging than Douglas Crosby and Cecil Peoples. It would be as if Crosby had scored the first fight between Edgar-Penn 50-40 instead of 50-45. 50-45 is ridiculous enough, but within the realm of possibility. 50-40 is bonkers.

Giving close rounds, for instance any round in the Nog-Bader fight this past week, a 10-8 is absurd and such is what I've experienced in the judging thus far in EA Sports MMA. On another forum, someone mentioned getting a couple of 10-7 rounds, something unheard of in MMA, and rarity at that. I would really like to hear what Simon has to say about the way judging is rendered in the game, because something is off.

Let me state this again, the gameplay is great right now, just worried about the judging becoming a problem once we all get the controls down and start having 5-round wars.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »