Home

EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports MMA Demo Available For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
OMG I am having 3 round wars with Miller and Shields. They counter damn near everything and escape out of submissions, go for submissions, go for slams, it is a war with these two.

Shields tried to put me in a triangle choke, I picked him up and slammed out of it. Then I tried to ground and pound, he swept me. I went for a triangle and he slammed out of it.

Came second round it was more of the same, I went for the takedown and he countered with a gullotine. After a minute I got out of it. Then he went for an arm bar and I was like oh crap, took me a while to get out of that too.

We were rolling around on the mat for the whole 2nd round. 3rd round was more of a stand up. I was peppering him with leg kicks, while he constantly tried to pin me against the cage. I must say I am impressed that you can block knees to the body up against the cage with your own knee.

But anyway, I stomped on his feet a few times, which caused his stamina to drop just enough for me to trip him down to the mat. Started to ground and pound, then I seen something I wasn't expecting. He was kneeing me from the bottom. I was like wow you can knee a guy from half guard from the bottom ? OMG ! NICEEEEEEEEEEE

Truly you are not safe anywhere in this game. Why you can even get swept from full mount postered up. I also like the fact you can dodge jumping punches into guard. Shields tried to do that everytime I was on the ground, he tried to dive punch into my guard and I just slipped my head to the side and he hit nothing but the mat with his fist, causing him to take a stamina hit.

And like others said, these 5 minute rounds are long as hell. I swear one round on this game seems like 3 rounds on Undisputed 2010. Which is a good thing. I can't want to fight in 15 minute 1st rounds they have in japan.

Truly is a chess match. their is a counter to everything, you can be attacked from any position, so there really isn't a true dominant position.

Honestly if I having a blast having a ground war with well rounded fighters like Miller and Shields, I can't imagine how a ground war with true ground master fighters going to be like.

Well done EA, well done.
Imagine the 1rd 20 min Vale Tudo fights
Old 09-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #50
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Agh, can't wait for Vale Tudo and Japanese fights... gonna be so sweet to have soccer kicks and whatnot available. GREAT news that the rounds aren't sped up -- seems like they really went hard with the simulation angle, which is a great change from UFC, which was essentially a fighting game.

Can't wait to have some submission battles... I call Aoki!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #51
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Agh, can't wait for Vale Tudo and Japanese fights... gonna be so sweet to have soccer kicks and whatnot available. GREAT news that the rounds aren't sped up -- seems like they really went hard with the simulation angle, which is a great change from UFC, which was essentially a fighting game.

Can't wait to have some submission battles... I call Aoki!
I hope the game is balanced enough to handle those long fights....otherwise the fighters will die in the ring lol
Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #52

OVR: 34

I just got demolished by Lashley. He had me the whole fight and in the 3rd round he caught me with a hook, stunned me then an uppercut. I fell to my knees and he hooked me with a right to the head.

I can't beat him. I'm playing on medium too..lol. Lots to learn but very challenging.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Another thing I mgiht add is that so far, I haven't been able to do any cheese move. You can't spam anything in this game because everything you do uses stamina., even blocking, so you can't hold the block button all day either.

The more subs you do, the quicker you gas out for missing. Same thing with punching and kicking. You throw 4 strikes in rapid fire, your stamina going to empty out. You miss a strike, your stamina takes a hit, especially if a person sway out of the way, you take a even bigger stamina hit.

Sure you can keep a person up against the cage or on the ground as long as you want to, so far I haven't seen any ref break ups. However to keep a person in a certain position takes stamina. So eventually you going to be forced to do something other then just sit there or your stamina tank going to empty out and the cpu just going to sweep you and KO you with one strike because your gassed.

Pretty balanced game due to the fact stamina effects all aspects of the game. Put somebody in the muay thai clinch, you can only get off about 4 knees before you totally gas out. So people better learn to pace themselves when it comes to striking. You can't rapid fire any kind of strike in this game.

Same thing goes with ground and pound. Get into full mount, don't get happy and think you can just button mash. You will gas out if you punch too fast and get swept.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I just got demolished by Lashley. He had me the whole fight and in the 3rd round he caught me with a hook, stunned me then an uppercut. I fell to my knees and he hooked me with a right to the head.

I can't beat him. I'm playing on medium too..lol. Lots to learn but very challenging.
Just imagine this is just against the CPU. Imagine the chess matches that will happen when two users got at it.

Ohhhhhh wow I can't wait for the league!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #55
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOVING it Simon!!!

Any other tips you might let go of?

I did not know about the passing. Still a lot to learn.

How do you stuff a take down and end in a submission. I stuffed I think it was Jake Shields from taking me down and ended up on my back with him in a guillotine choke. Tapped him out for the win. But I am not sure how I did it exactly. I thought I was just hitting B to sprawl

Oh and Shields on the ground is beast. He hooked me in a triangle which I fought it off for a good 45 secs. Then he switches to a arm bar which I then come close to losing on but managed to keep him at bay. I get back to my feet and then he goes for the take down and I reverse it to a guillotine choke. He hung on for about 30 secs with me slowly tighten in on him, then he hooks my arm and manages to keep me at bay again. But he could not keep it as I hit the zone and sank it in quickly. Win for Miller, by submission Guillotine choke
First off - submission chaining - wait for the A prompt, first guy to hit it wins the mini-race and either chains or blocks the chain (BUT if you go early or mash, you automatically lose, so wait for the prompt and just tap A once). So you can stop a guy who can chain FROM chaining, and to get a chain you have to wait for the prompt and hit A before your opponent. Chaining is a skill you unlock in career (I believe you have to travel to Brazil but I might be mistaken).

Guillotine counters - these are by hitting X instead of B to deny takedown, but it's a TINY window (once you are grabbed you missed it), and hitting X blocks your ability to sprawl or pull guard, so you have to really anticipate the takedown to do it (not every guy can, shields I know has it).
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #56
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

You got to bull rush him and take him to the ground. Seriously I lost 5 fights in a row to him trying to counter strike him. You definitely need to get off 1st against him.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »