Home

EA MMA career mode implementation?

This is a discussion on EA MMA career mode implementation? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
EA MMA career mode implementation?

Is the MMA career mode similar to FN4? Are the opponents randomly computer generated and can your previously created fighter end up in the ranks when you start another career?

In FN4 you have the option of implementing your CABs into your career mode so that you might end up fighting against them somewhere down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA MMA career mode implementation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Is the MMA career mode similar to FN4? Are the opponents randomly computer generated and can your previously created fighter end up in the ranks when you start another career?

In FN4 you have the option of implementing your CABs into your career mode so that you might end up fighting against them somewhere down the line.
Basically works like this: make your guy, do some tutorials / amateur fights, Pick your 1st (choice of 2) league, then when you get the belt there you move up to the 2nd group of leagues (again you pick 1 and there are 2), and again after you get that belt you move to the 3rd and I'm assuming final set of leagues (Strikeforce and another one called Mystic), and again you only pick one of these. When you win the belt here, you stay there and defend it, eventually it is rumored that the champions of both leagues will collide in a title unification bout, but I haven't gotten up to that fight yet. Your opponents (at least in my experience so far) are mostly computer generated. I don't know if they use any of your own created fighters (I don't have any besides my career guy). I'm not sure if the timing in which you face real-life fighters is preset or not, however the 1st one I fought wasn't until the title fight of the 2nd league (aka you beat him and you move up to the big leagues), and after that I didn't face another real guy until my 1st title defense.

Generally speaking, the real-life fighters are better than the computer generate ones.

Before each fight, you do 8 weeks of training. There are a bunch of different types of training to do, and then up to 4 different variations for each training. Each of them are different, so there is a lot of variety. They all raise various stats to varying degrees. Also, each individual type of training gets a letter grade based on your performance (insert GSP joke here) ranging from A to F, which I assume changes the amount of points gained. Also, you won't unlock the next tier in that training regimen unless you get an A.

I kind of ran on for a bit there, answered a lot more than you asked Hope I was of some help.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure that the fights weren't static/same everytime. I dont really follow MMA in real life so I actually thought all of those fighters that I ran through were real fighters, lol.

Great to know that they are computer generated. That really increases the replay. Now if only the CPU fought each other, that would take the career mode a step deeper.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ff0000
Basically works like this: make your guy, do some tutorials / amateur fights, Pick your 1st (choice of 2) league, then when you get the belt there you move up to the 2nd group of leagues (again you pick 1 and there are 2), and again after you get that belt you move to the 3rd and I'm assuming final set of leagues (Strikeforce and another one called Mystic), and again you only pick one of these. When you win the belt here, you stay there and defend it, eventually it is rumored that the champions of both leagues will collide in a title unification bout, but I haven't gotten up to that fight yet. Your opponents (at least in my experience so far) are mostly computer generated. I don't know if they use any of your own created fighters (I don't have any besides my career guy). I'm not sure if the timing in which you face real-life fighters is preset or not, however the 1st one I fought wasn't until the title fight of the 2nd league (aka you beat him and you move up to the big leagues), and after that I didn't face another real guy until my 1st title defense.

Generally speaking, the real-life fighters are better than the computer generate ones.

Before each fight, you do 8 weeks of training. There are a bunch of different types of training to do, and then up to 4 different variations for each training. Each of them are different, so there is a lot of variety. They all raise various stats to varying degrees. Also, each individual type of training gets a letter grade based on your performance (insert GSP joke here) ranging from A to F, which I assume changes the amount of points gained. Also, you won't unlock the next tier in that training regimen unless you get an A.

I kind of ran on for a bit there, answered a lot more than you asked Hope I was of some help.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure that the fights weren't static/same everytime. I dont really follow MMA in real life so I actually thought all of those fighters that I ran through were real fighters, lol.

Great to know that they are computer generated. That really increases the replay. Now if only the CPU fought each other, that would take the career mode a step deeper.
Not sure what you mean about the CPU not fighting each other. Look at their records. Example: By the time you fight him, Fedor might have 70 fights!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ff0000
Not sure what you mean about the CPU not fighting each other. Look at their records. Example: By the time you fight him, Fedor might have 70 fights!

When I got to him the first time he was 50-6, don't know what his record is or was previously, not that it mattered he destroyed me.

MrMars

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »