Home

UFC and WEC Merging!!!

This is a discussion on UFC and WEC Merging!!! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #41
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: UFC and WEC Merging!!!

Good move. I'd imagine we'll see the UFC cutting a lot of dead weight in the WW, MW, LHW and HW divisions to keep the payroll in check.

I like that whoever is the WEC LW champion will get a shot at Edgar-Maynard. I hope Henderson retains; I like that dude.

I'm glad that more people will get to know who Aldo is, too. That dude is a bad, bad man.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #42
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Good move. I'd imagine we'll see the UFC cutting a lot of dead weight in the WW, MW, LHW and HW divisions to keep the payroll in check.

I like that whoever is the WEC LW champion will get a shot at Edgar-Maynard. I hope Henderson retains; I like that dude.

I'm glad that more people will get to know who Aldo is, too. That dude is a bad, bad man.
they said everyone is keeping their jobs, and everyone was on the payroll anyway, zuffa owned wec, which also owns ufc, the checks were all coming from the same place. its more of the rebranding of wec as ufc to give its fighters better recognition. the casual fan will now see jose aldo on a ufc event and say damn that 145 lbd dude is a freakin bad ***, where he wouldnt have seen him before because it was called wec instead of ufc. sad but true.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 10-28-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
they said everyone is keeping their jobs, and everyone was on the payroll anyway, zuffa owned wec, which also owns ufc, its more of the rebranding of wec as ufc to give its fighters better recognition.
For now. I'd imagine the rope will be shorter for a lot of fighters, especially ones like Tito Ortiz that are making a ton of money but aren't producing results.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #44
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I am more happy for Miguel Torres, he has been dominate in WEC ever since WEC founded and really is unknown outside of northwest Indiana. I been to his gym and house dozens of times when I lived in northwest Indiana.

Also happy for Manny, now he is back in the UFC via merger. For the most part though I am happy for all the mexican fighters that were in the WEC, which I must say was A LOT of them.

Now they will get the exposure they deserve. All I got to say is UFC vets you better step your BJJ and cardio game up, because a lot of those mexican fighters in the WEC were very good in BJJ and have stellar cardio.

In this same breathe however..........guys like Kenny Florian and some of the other light weight division may now look to drop down to feather weight, which is their more natural walking around weight class.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #45
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I was thinking that, there may be a shift.. a number of lightweights can now go down to featherweight to challenge Aldo... so maybe Aldo won't have to move up immediately to find great match ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I am more happy for Miguel Torres, he has been dominate in WEC ever since WEC founded and really is unknown outside of northwest Indiana. I been to his gym and house dozens of times when I lived in northwest Indiana.

Also happy for Manny, now he is back in the UFC via merger. For the most part though I am happy for all the mexican fighters that were in the WEC, which I must say was A LOT of them.

Now they will get the exposure they deserve. All I got to say is UFC vets you better step your BJJ and cardio game up, because a lot of those mexican fighters in the WEC were very good in BJJ and have stellar cardio.

In this same breathe however..........guys like Kenny Florian and some of the other light weight division may now look to drop down to feather weight, which is their more natural walking around weight class.
Kenny walks around at 175. No way he drops to featherweight.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #47
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I for one would love to see Nate Diaz drop down to featherweight. I think his frame is better suited for that division. He really isn't strong like his brother is and he gets pushed around in lightweight and welterweight.

Featherweight might be a good division for Joe Stevenson too, along with Gomi.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

This is really great news. I don't watch WEC events very much, because I always forget about them. Now I can catch more fights. I bet the THQ developers are like, "Damn." More character models for us to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »