Home

How do you block/deny a submission attempt?!?

This is a discussion on How do you block/deny a submission attempt?!? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
How do you block/deny a submission attempt?!?

Also, once in it, how do I get out?? Seems the game allows you to attempt the submission forever! I'm hitting B, not letting my stamina go down completely but close. And my brother is hitting X just the same. I can never get out of it unless he messes up and hits it too fast.

Is there a way to block an attempt before it happens?? I'm pressing B as fast as I can knowing he's pushing X, and it still allows him to attempt a submission, wth?!? What am I doing wrong here??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: How do you block/deny a submission attempt?!?

"B" is the correct way to deny a submission attempt. It is the same as when you deny someone attempting to pass on you.

This video should help you with getting out of a submission once in it:

Old 10-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Ok, so if B is the correct way, then how is it when I'm mashing B, the opponent mashing X, can still attempt a submission?? Once in the submission, you really have NO CHANCE of getting out(limb submissions), unless ur opponent accidentally drains his stamina bar completely. Its a decent system, but its flaws certaintly outweighs the positives imo. No way in hell should my opponent literally be able to attempt a limb submission for an entire minute or so before either, a. He drains his stamina bar accidentally, or b. He is successful on the submission.

Imo its close to be broken cuz those two are the only two things that will come out of a submision attempt. Now, against the AI, its not that hard t get out, but against human opponent its darn near impossible.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Ok, so if B is the correct way, then how is it when I'm mashing B, the opponent mashing X, can still attempt a submission?? Once in the submission, you really have NO CHANCE of getting out(limb submissions), unless ur opponent accidentally drains his stamina bar completely. Its a decent system, but its flaws certaintly outweighs the positives imo. No way in hell should my opponent literally be able to attempt a limb submission for an entire minute or so before either, a. He drains his stamina bar accidentally, or b. He is successful on the submission.

Imo its close to be broken cuz those two are the only two things that will come out of a submision attempt. Now, against the AI, its not that hard t get out, but against human opponent its darn near impossible.
It took me a while to figure out, but I DID figure it out, Trinity. B is the correct button to push, HOWEVER, you CANNOT be holding the block button. What that means is if you have block held so you can parry shots, even if you mash B when they go for the sub, it won't work. Hope this helps, as I was getting pretty furious myself until I figured this out.

Edit: As far as escaping from the sub once it starts, escaping a choke is just finding the sweet spot, while a lock sub (armbar, kimura, etc) is just balancing your rhythm with hitting B. Use the vibration as a guide. The more you're vibrating, the closer you are to getting submitted. The higher your stamina is at the start of the submission battle, the more likely you are to escape. Hope this helps.

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 10-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
It took me a while to figure out, but I DID figure it out, Trinity. B is the correct button to push, HOWEVER, you CANNOT be holding the block button. What that means is if you have block held so you can parry shots, even if you mash B when they go for the sub, it won't work. Hope this helps, as I was getting pretty furious myself until I figured this out.

Edit: As far as escaping from the sub once it starts, escaping a choke is just finding the sweet spot, while a lock sub (armbar, kimura, etc) is just balancing your rhythm with hitting B. Use the vibration as a guide. The more you're vibrating, the closer you are to getting submitted. The higher your stamina is at the start of the submission battle, the more likely you are to escape. Hope this helps.

Cool, thanks man. I'll give it a shot next time I go to play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Cool, thanks man. I'll give it a shot next time I go to play
No prob, bud
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Is B what you use to transition with the total control controls?

I use classic, and I basically just flick the left stick as if I were denying a pass attempt - that also seems to block sub attempts.

As for never ending battles, I just play the CPU, so I've had some good battles, but nothing stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »