Home

UFC 139 - Rua v. Henderson - Nov. 19. - San Jose

This is a discussion on UFC 139 - Rua v. Henderson - Nov. 19. - San Jose within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 139 - Rua v. Henderson - Nov. 19. - San Jose

For the lucky people on the Xbox Live beta program, the PPV will be free on Xbox Live this wknd! The UFC app looks great on Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #42
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow, that's a nice bonus for those who got in the program. I've now missed this and the leaked Mass Effect 3 beta. I really should've signed up when I had the chance. I'll be interested to hear how well the stream holds up for those who get a chance to check this out.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #43
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #44
Rookie

CueDub's Arena

OVR: 4

Joe Rogan said they were having an issue with the scale. Some of the fighters in the early prelims were coming in overweight. I think Torres and his opponent were both over by a few pounds.

This has the makings of a sick card IMO. Striker vs Striker fights. I can't see Wanderlei vs Cung Le going past round 1. Faber vs Bowles should be an excellent 3 round fight. Hendo has the ability to outpoint Shogun, but I think Hendo will standup and bang with Shogun. If he does, someone will get KTFO in round 1! Kampmann vs Story, I like that matchup. Stephan Bonnar's last stand? Can Ryan Bader get back on track? Miguel Torres on the facebook prelims.

This looks like a pretty stacked card, if you ask me.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 10

The woman operating the scales had no idea what she was doing and often times was more or less checking out the fighters as if she was a fan in the crowd.

That was complete amateur hour and embarrassing for the CSAC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah, that lady doing the weigh-in was terrible. She looked confused like she had never seen a scale before. She got a little better as it went along, but it was taking her forever. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fighters that came in overweight was due to her incompetence.

UPDATE 8:10 PM: Pace gave up 20% of his purse before coming out, so he was definitely over. Bailey re-weighed himself afterward and was officially 158 pounds, also forfeiting 20% of his purse. On his third attempt nearly an hour later, Torres made weight.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 11-18-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueDub
Joe Rogan said they were having an issue with the scale. Some of the fighters in the early prelims were coming in overweight. I think Torres and his opponent were both over by a few pounds.

This has the makings of a sick card IMO. Striker vs Striker fights. I can't see Wanderlei vs Cung Le going past round 1. Faber vs Bowles should be an excellent 3 round fight. Hendo has the ability to outpoint Shogun, but I think Hendo will standup and bang with Shogun. If he does, someone will get KTFO in round 1! Kampmann vs Story, I like that matchup. Stephan Bonnar's last stand? Can Ryan Bader get back on track? Miguel Torres on the facebook prelims.

This looks like a pretty stacked card, if you ask me.
Why would it be Bonnar's last stand? Has he announced that this is his retirement fight and I missed it or something? If not, he's on a two fight win streak, one of those fights he won FON. Before that he had lost 3 in a row, but one was due to an inadvertent headbutt, one was to Jon Jones and the other was to Mark Coleman which I have no excuse for.
Plus hasn't Dana said that him and Forrest will always be in the UFC?

Like you I'm pretty pumped for this card. I'm a big fan of both Shogun and Hendo. I personally like Hendo just a little bit more as a fighter, but I'm giving Rua the slight edge tonight. Speaking of retirement fights if Wandy gets KO'ed in spectacular fashion again tonight I think it's time for Dana to give him the Chuck Liddell treatment.

Story & Kampmann should be great as well. Story is looking to bounce back from his lackluster showing in his last fight and Kampmann is on a two fight loss streak. Although, I don't see how Dana could consider cutting him anytime soon because both of those decisions were somewhat controversial, in my opinion. Faber and Bowles should be exciting too so it should be a great night of fights, can't wait.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #48
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Prelims on FB now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness