Home

UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions.

This is a discussion on UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Thanks guys. Those darn commercials are sucking me in, only problem is with NCAA coming out next week debating.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nc...-its-game.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/uf...-the-curb.aspx
Reviews don't mean **** though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #26
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Yeah, the repetitive voice acting is really the only negative I've found. Definitely gets kind of annoying to hear the same thing over and over during your warm-ups and routines.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Yeah, the repetitive voice acting is really the only negative I've found. Definitely gets kind of annoying to hear the same thing over and over during your warm-ups and routines.
I turned that off on the second day I had the game,
Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #28
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I turned that off on the second day I had the game,
I turned them off as well. The only other thing I wish I could turn off is warm up and cool downs. The same ones over and over. Plus when you try to leave and skip it, it won't let you. So lame...

Other than those 2 things I really like it. Good first product from them.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

yeah, it's good, but here are the annoying things;

I got it at release - as the poster above said it's got the same problem as fitness evolved. I have to do 3 'test' pushups even if I've done them a million times which sucks - and the warmups and cooldowns I'd rather skip, in fact the last time i just stood there and talked on the phone, but you HAVE to be there or it pauses which really sucks.

I may end up exclusively doing mits/bag stuff and forget the workouts because of what I mentioned above.

Another annoying thing at least for me is the game not registering ground things like pushups and situps, and actually side lunges. I have to over-eggagerate the movements for it to register. For exmaple a pushup I have to touch my chest to the ground and push up and stick my arse way up almost like a yoga move for it to register.

This game requires more space than any other I've played so far. Especially for ground stuff. I've re-arranged my living room and now I doubt ground stuff is even an option anymore. Ideal for this game is 12 feet away and 7 or 8 feet wide - that's HUGE.

I still have a lot to try being busy with work and all, but it would be cool to have some crazy difficulty like those dance games where you have to mimic in real time 7 and 8 strike combo's rapidly. The game isn't great at registering my high kicks either when I did heavy bag. As some reviews mentioned - technique is not a big priority which i guess is fine since ultimately it's a workout game.

Me having a couple of TKD black belts and currently practicing muay thai and boxing it would be cool to be rewarded with proper technique AND force, but that's probably asking too much.

Anyone think it would have been cool if they included fights in the game? It would have been cool to block Dan Hardy's punches and counter with a kick to the leg lol

Overall though it's undoubtedly one of the better kinect titles no question.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
yeah, it's good, but here are the annoying things;

I got it at release - as the poster above said it's got the same problem as fitness evolved. I have to do 3 'test' pushups even if I've done them a million times which sucks - and the warmups and cooldowns I'd rather skip, in fact the last time i just stood there and talked on the phone, but you HAVE to be there or it pauses which really sucks.

I may end up exclusively doing mits/bag stuff and forget the workouts because of what I mentioned above.

Another annoying thing at least for me is the game not registering ground things like pushups and situps, and actually side lunges. I have to over-eggagerate the movements for it to register. For exmaple a pushup I have to touch my chest to the ground and push up and stick my arse way up almost like a yoga move for it to register.

This game requires more space than any other I've played so far. Especially for ground stuff. I've re-arranged my living room and now I doubt ground stuff is even an option anymore. Ideal for this game is 12 feet away and 7 or 8 feet wide - that's HUGE.

I still have a lot to try being busy with work and all, but it would be cool to have some crazy difficulty like those dance games where you have to mimic in real time 7 and 8 strike combo's rapidly. The game isn't great at registering my high kicks either when I did heavy bag. As some reviews mentioned - technique is not a big priority which i guess is fine since ultimately it's a workout game.

Me having a couple of TKD black belts and currently practicing muay thai and boxing it would be cool to be rewarded with proper technique AND force, but that's probably asking too much.

Anyone think it would have been cool if they included fights in the game? It would have been cool to block Dan Hardy's punches and counter with a kick to the leg lol

Overall though it's undoubtedly one of the better kinect titles no question.
I would have loved if they would have included a little bit of sparring. I'm pretty much where you are. I do a full workout twice a week but do 5 hit the mitts sessions the other days. The hit the mitts sections are great work outs on its own.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #31
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I also wish there was a way to go from one Hit the Mitts routine into the next one instead of having to go back to the main menu every time and then selecting the next one. Or maybe there is and I've just missed it.

Although, I guess I could create a custom program and just set it up to be all mitt routines, which might work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #32
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Picked up a used Kinect copy off of Amazon for $34.99 which is set to arrive on Monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »