Home

If Forrest Griffin beats Shogun.....

This is a discussion on If Forrest Griffin beats Shogun..... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
If Forrest Griffin beats Shogun.....

Should Griffin get a title shot ? that would be wins over Ortiz-Franklin and Rua ? And if i was Evans i would be kinda pissed that Rampage is getting the title shot on Jones. When Evans beat Rampage, I mean ya Evans had the shot but Jones had to pull outta the fight

as for pure overall fighting, I would go with Jones over Rampage, But in the MMA world alls it takes is one good shot.

Last edited by benton32; 07-13-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: If Forrest Griffin beats Shogun.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Should Griffin get a title shot ? that would be wins over Ortiz-Franklin and Rua ? And if i was Evans i would be kinda pissed that Rampage is getting the title shot on Jones. When Evans beat Rampage, I mean ya Evans had the shot but Jones had to pull outta the fight

as for pure overall fighting, I would go with Jones over Rampage, But in the MMA world alls it takes is one good shot.
Yes, I would believe he would. I am biased as he is my favorite fighter though. It depends though, I think he would be behind by the Machida-Evans winner if it happens, though he would be right after that.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32

No. Rampage is next. Evans if he wins in August, will have 3 wins since he lost his belt over T. Silva, Rampage and Machida. Thats better than a close win over Ortiz (I thought he lost that fight), Frankiln and Rua imo.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No. Rampage is next. Evans if he wins in August, will have 3 wins since he lost his belt over T. Silva, Rampage and Machida. Thats better than a close win over Ortiz (I thought he lost that fight), Frankiln and Rua imo.
I agree with you, I think he would be next in line after Winner of Rashad-Machida if that is finalized. I am not counting Rampage since he is already fighting him.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I think Shogun will plow right through him. Shogun looked like crap against Jones (who's awesome) further exaggerating the hype around him. That was a post-surgery crap recovering poor showing. Just like when Rua first got to the UFC he looked like crap against Coleman and to a certain degree forrest. I honestly see Rua knocking Griffin the hell out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I think Shogun will plow right through him. Shogun looked like crap against Jones (who's awesome) further exaggerating the hype around him. That was a post-surgery crap recovering poor showing. Just like when Rua first got to the UFC he looked like crap against Coleman and to a certain degree forrest. I honestly see Rua knocking Griffin the hell out.
I guess we disagree then. He was supposed to do that against him the first time. You can say his knees, but Forrest's shoulder was every bit as bad as Shogun's knees. I see Forrest winning this via sub in 2 or 3. He is bigger, stronger and will be able to get him down.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

well Griffin will win if its that old slow bs version of shogun we saw vs jones
Rampage hopefully beats jones so this hype calms down about him sure hes talented and all
Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 28

next title shot will goto Evans as long as he gets by Ortiz. Then I could see a Machida-Griffin or Davis-Griffin fight for number one contender.

If Shogun wins, then he'll be put into a number one contenders fight probably against Davis.

such to have a division with only 4-5 top fighters in it, all they do if fight each other as all the up-and-comers drop a fight here or there. No one really wants to see another rampage-evans or machida-shogun so options are limited for fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »