Home

Supremacy MMA Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Supremacy MMA Demo Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Supremacy MMA Demo Impressions

Well I don't have any. It's only on PS3 right now even then I'd have to put up with MS' shenanigans but thought I'd start the topic anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Supremacy MMA Demo Impressions

I am downloading this right now. I will play it sometime today and come back on here with some impressions.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

The game is about what I expected it to be. At first I didn't like it very much, but I spent some time with the tutorials so I am having some fun with it. The story about each fighter is pretty cool. Nice comic book art style. I like that you can turn off the injuries if you want to.

Takes some time to get used to the timing of it, and the control scheme. I will pick it up sometime, but probably not on release day. I expect the price to drop fairly quickly so I will wait for that.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah I thought I would be able to just pick up and play but the Judo guy had a different plan for me. Got smashed in my first fight so then I went to the tutorial for about 10 minutes. Then I thought I would at least come close to winning my second fight. I was wrong. I'm going to do some more fights today and I hope I can get the controls down.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
goh
Banned

So it's not as arcadey as we thought? You actually have to use strategy and stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
So it's not as arcadey as we thought? You actually have to use strategy and stuff?
It is a good mix between the two, more arcade than strategy, but there is some strategy involved. By all means it isn't a sim game.

The circle button is used for defense, the triangle for kicks, the square for punches, and the x button is for grappling. It is all timing based. Hit the circle button at the wrong time, then you won't block the attack.

I believe if you use the Left Stick in combination with the face buttons they will pull off more variations in the moves.

The left stick controls transitions on the ground, and that part is very intuitive and simple.

The fights are brutal with a capital B. I was knocked out last night by the french dude jumping on my face with both feet when I was on my back.

I can see it being a great game to play, when friends come by the house. If you button mash, you are bound to get lucky. But, at the same time it helps if you know what you are doing. Kind of like Virtua Fighter.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
It is a good mix between the two, more arcade than strategy, but there is some strategy involved. By all means it isn't a sim game.

The circle button is used for defense, the triangle for kicks, the square for punches, and the x button is for grappling. It is all timing based. Hit the circle button at the wrong time, then you won't block the attack.

I believe if you use the Left Stick in combination with the face buttons they will pull off more variations in the moves.

The left stick controls transitions on the ground, and that part is very intuitive and simple.

The fights are brutal with a capital B. I was knocked out last night by the french dude jumping on my face with both feet when I was on my back.

I can see it being a great game to play, when friends come by the house. If you button mash, you are bound to get lucky. But, at the same time it helps if you know what you are doing. Kind of like Virtua Fighter.
I agree - I'm kinda liking this demo, which I never would have expected or imagined. I will also admit that it takes some practice to do things right. Hopefully there will be a manual packaged with the game. That would help me know the moves a little better.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
goh
Banned

They're on the pause screen in videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »