Home

UFC 144 Japan, FEB. 26, 2012

This is a discussion on UFC 144 Japan, FEB. 26, 2012 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #57
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: UFC 144 Japan, FEB. 26, 2012

I think regardless of how this fight goes, he should go to HW. I feel like it could give him new life.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Thinking about it a move to HW would get me excited to watch Rampage again. Right now he's a one dimensional striker who throws the occasional bomb, but usually misses it.

Most of the talent at HW sucks so Rampage would be able to beat up and probably KO anyone outside the top 7 or so. I could just imagine him blasting Struve with a right hook and sending Struve collapsing to the floor. He would probably get beat up by the top of the division though. Cain is most likely strong enough to hold him down on the ground and beat him up, and Overeem and Dos Santos would likely outstrike him.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #59
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Personally I think his wars in Pride is finally catching up to him. His style takes a huge toll on the body. Plus financially, he really don't need the money, he has his own MMA schools now so he is set for life.

So even if he does move up to heavy weight, he probably only got another 2 years in him, just like Hendo. Considering him, like Hendo, they have done it all already so the only fights they want to fight are title fights or title number 1 contender fights.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #60
Rookie

CueDub's Arena

OVR: 4

I wonder what kind of "injury" Rampage had during his camp. He said he could run as much as he normally does.

On Fuel TV, Rick Franklin questioned whether or not he took the fight seriously. This was before Rampage disclosed an injury. Well Rampage said that next time he sees Franklin he's gonna smack him in the head. I have no problem with what Franklin said. IMO, Rampage looked out of shape, while Bader looked bigger, in-shape, and ready to fight.

Bader gets 20% of Rampage's purse. You have to wonder if Rampage has the cardio to go deep into this fight. Rampage said he was over 240 pounds when he started to cut. He said he gained weight on the long flight to Japan, and couldn't lose it all in time.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Rampage knew he was heavy. Since he knew this because of the injury or whatever, he should have started cutting sooner. Stop eating as much if you can't train so you don't gain weight. He sounded like he didn't really care and was just making excuses. Calling out Franklin was stupid as every fighter probably thought the same thing.

If Rampage doesn't win, he is done at this weight. He could try to reinvent himself, but that would probably require too much work than he wants to put in. Like others have said, HW is so top heavy that he could probably stay around the top 10 for a year or 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Rampage knew he was heavy. Since he knew this because of the injury or whatever, he should have started cutting sooner. Stop eating as much if you can't train so you don't gain weight. He sounded like he didn't really care and was just making excuses. Calling out Franklin was stupid as every fighter probably thought the same thing.

If Rampage doesn't win, he is done at this weight. He could try to reinvent himself, but that would probably require too much work than he wants to put in. Like others have said, HW is so top heavy that he could probably stay around the top 10 for a year or 2.
He is done if he loses this fight. I dont think he moves up to heavyweight. I think he retires or takes some time off. The Jones fight broke him and I don't think we will ever see a motivated rampage again.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #63
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I personally feel like ever since he did that movie, I haven't seen the same Rampage Jackson.

I have a bad feeling he is going to lose tonight and then probably just hang em up.

He may come back later and dabble a bit at HW, but there's no way in hell he'd actually compete with the top of that division now that I think about it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #64
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
What time does this start? What are they doing w/ prelims?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »