Home

UFC Undisputed 3: No sim energy in ranked matches?

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3: No sim energy in ranked matches? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: UFC Undisputed 3: No sim energy in ranked matches?

I'd also love ranked sim energy! Someone should post on their forums about it.. who knows maybe it'd be added in a few years.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmathaifighter
I fought a guy in ranked who had a record of 43-4, my ranked record was at the time 2-21. I am MUCH better than my record shows because the spammers and everyone picks Cain or Jones, neither of which I've ever used. Anyways, this guy starts with like 5 spinning backfists in a row then immediately shoots, takes me down gets side control and spams short punches, gets me rocked fight is over in about 30 seconds. I go in to a rare nerd rage and sent him an email telling him he sucks and he's record is a fraud so he challenged me to a rematch. I told him I'll fight him again in a player match with sim settings, he says no. After more insults he finally agrees. He picked Jones(shocker) and I used Shogun. He starts spamming spinnig backfists and gases after about 20 seconds. I light him up with leg kick, body shot combos and back off. I figured he'd shoot which he did and I smashed him in the face with a knee, he goes to immediate rocked state and I unload a head stomp........he disconnects.

This is why they don't have sim setting in ranked, because the people that suck at this game won't play it if they have to take the time to learn the game mechanics and use strategy instead of using the most powerful fighters and exploiting parts of the game. I think THQ is catering to the 12-17 year olds that want to run their mouths through their headsets when they get a cheap win and tell everyone how great their online record is at school on Monday. It's no different than the people that use the Heat in 2K12 and just have LeBron bomb 3s all game but get smoked when they play against someone that knows how to defend him because they have no clue how to play the rest of the game. Trouble is with the exploits in ranked matches, all it takes is for you to get taken down once and the end comes so quick that you dont have much of a chance.

Of course I sent him another email
I had a similar experience. I guess ranked matches were down, and this guy with a 77-10 ranked record stumbles into my lobby. Now my lobbies are always sim stamina. I go random at first, but he went straight for Overeem. Well since this guys record was good I didn't 2nd ready on random, and picked Big Nog. Well now he counterpicks Mir. Match begins. No glove touch, he just sprints toward an throws a hook, blocked, throws 2 more hooks, blocked and I clinch. I pull guard, but he blocks my omaplata attempt. I kick him off, and we stand back up. This time I knee him to the body, and the hook spam starts again. I sway and counter, and now completely gassed, he tries to shoot, but I sprawled, immediately went for a Nog Guillotine. He was done. Taps out halfway through round 1. But it gets better. He sends me hate mail. Saying I cheated and hacked the game because he lost all his stamina real fast and my guy hardly lost any stamina. I didn't even respond. I was laughing too hard. I don't think this guy ever even played on sim stamina before, and just did a quick match. But it made my night. I have the elite hacking skills known as sim stamina.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I had a similar experience. I guess ranked matches were down, and this guy with a 77-10 ranked record stumbles into my lobby. Now my lobbies are always sim stamina. I go random at first, but he went straight for Overeem. Well since this guys record was good I didn't 2nd ready on random, and picked Big Nog. Well now he counterpicks Mir. Match begins. No glove touch, he just sprints toward an throws a hook, blocked, throws 2 more hooks, blocked and I clinch. I pull guard, but he blocks my omaplata attempt. I kick him off, and we stand back up. This time I knee him to the body, and the hook spam starts again. I sway and counter, and now completely gassed, he tries to shoot, but I sprawled, immediately went for a Nog Guillotine. He was done. Taps out halfway through round 1. But it gets better. He sends me hate mail. Saying I cheated and hacked the game because he lost all his stamina real fast and my guy hardly lost any stamina. I didn't even respond. I was laughing too hard. I don't think this guy ever even played on sim stamina before, and just did a quick match. But it made my night. I have the elite hacking skills known as sim stamina.
Haha, you know, Thanks to the tips about dealing with spammers that I've found on here and gamefaqs, I have come to actually hunt for those that spam. I crushed two spammers last night. First was LHW, I picked Shogun and of course I see him go for Jones and what I was in for. Of course he sprints across the cage and starts spamming spinning back fists, I teep kick him away he shoots, knee to the face, gets up, shoots again, knee to the face. You'd think he'd realize I know what he's doing and try something else, nope, another shoot, knee to the face. Never rocked him though, must be more of Jones super stats. Anyways, he starts spamming spinning backfists again and I let him take me down to see if he spams on the ground. As if scripted, he gets side control, I block minor transition, to half guard, he did that probably 10 times in a row. I get full guard and he's throwing punches all of which I'm blocking. I have stamina meters on and his green is totally disappeared and e keeps throwing, so I lock in a kimura from the bottom and get the easy sub. I sent him an email saying, "hahahaha spam is to eat, learn to play the game bitch". Of course no response. Oh and his record was something like 24-5.

Other guy was a GSP, same thing, spamming spinning back kicks and superman punches. Finally gassed himself and I KOed him using Thiago Alves and sent him the same email. Bring on the spammers, once you learn how to defend their spam techniques they are easy pickens because they have no idea how to play the rest of the game.
"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces." Wanderlei Silva XBL: muaithaiko
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Talking Re: UFC Undisputed 3: No sim energy in ranked matches?

on what offline difficulty leve do you guys who can handle spammers well play usually? asking cos they keep killing me lol..
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I cannot believe that the developers think that this was a good idea to not have sim energy for ranked matches. Sim makes it ten times better, and at least if you are on the ground, the opponent won't just be able to constantly throw, meaning you might actually have chance to transition and defend properly.

I am 1-4 online and I have given up pretty much unless they change it. There was one fight where I knocked the guy down with a counter straight and he disconnected straight away. Disconnection losses had been fixed in 2009 for goodness sake.

In 2009 I had a record of 76-26, so I was looking forward to building up a decent ranked record this year until I heard about the stamina issues. It's a shame as UFC 3 is one of the best one-on-one games I've ever played.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Icon5 Re: UFC Undisputed 3: No sim energy in ranked matches?

is there actually any statement from the developers side why they dont give the option of chosing before sim and normal energy settings?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

There is a sticky with a survey on the undisputed forums, one of the questions in the survey is should ranked matches be on sim. everyone quickly answer YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #16
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Welcome to our new Forum. Please pardon the dust as we will be changing a few things on the fly. Have fun and give us some feedback.
did!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »