Home

King Mo signs with Bellator

This is a discussion on King Mo signs with Bellator within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
King Mo signs with Bellator

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/3/27...ls-reaction-to

Quote:
Mar 27, 2012 - “King” Mo Lawal’s day just went from bad to truly awful. After being fined and suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in a hearing on Tuesday afternoon, the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion has been released from the organization. The news was first reported by MMAJunkie.com, and confirmed by Lawal’s manager, Mike Kogan, to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani.

In a brief statement over email, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker wrote only, "Following the outcome of today's hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and his subsequent reaction, STRIKEFORCE has released Muhammad Lawal from his contract."

When reached for comment on Tuesday evening, Lawal told MMA Fighting that he thought his comments on Twitter aimed at NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall were the root cause of his release.

In a tweet that has since been deleted, Lawal referred to Lundvall as a “racist b--ch” for asking him if he could speak and read English when he filled out the pre-fight questionnaire. The commission suggested that Lawal hadn’t been forthcoming in his answers about injuries and medications he’d taken before the fight, and the accusation bothered him, as he told MMA Fighting earlier today.

On Tuesday evening Lawal explained his Twitter reaction, saying, “When I showed up to the hearing, I proved that I can speak and I can read. I don’t know when, but she got mad at me, got irritated, and was like, ‘Look, can you speak and read English?’ Now to me, that’s an insult.”

He added, “Growing up through high school and college, I’d get asked, ‘Do you speak English instead of jive? Do you speak English instead of ebonics?’ For a grown woman to talk to me like that, knowing I’m a college graduate, born in America? I grew up in the south, in Tennessee, went to Oklahoma State, traveled the world, and for her to talk to me like that, that’s disrespectful.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the NSAC voted to suspend Lawal for nine months and fine him a total of $39,000 for his positive drug test for the steroid drostanolone following his win over Lorenz Larkin in a Strikeforce event on Jan. 7. The suspension is retroactive to the date of the fight, leaving him eligible to re-apply for licensing in September of 2012.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: King Mo Released From Strikeforce

Was about to post that. It's a shame, because he has a lot of talent.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Talented, but I think overrated and I don't think he would have ever competed with the top tier guys...

Maybe if he was younger
Old 03-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Talented, but I think overrated and I don't think he would have ever competed with the top tier guys...

Maybe if he was younger
I wish him and Page would have fought
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They probably both end up fighting in Japan in one of their organizations next yeah or for M-1 global over there in Europe. But anyway people need to realize Twitter isn't the place to be posting stuff like that, neither is Facebook. What you say on those sites always end up biting you in the butt.

It is so funny people still don't realize that. Been so many people fired or suspended from work at all types of jobs over the past 4 years for what they did on Facebook or Twitter, when will people learn.....SMH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I wish him and Page would have fought
They will fight in 2013 in OneFC or Bellator.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

So he assumed it was a question specifically for him instead of a general question that comes up every time in a sport where plenty don't speak or read much english?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
So he assumed it was a question specifically for him instead of a general question that comes up every time in a sport where plenty don't speak or read much english?
Most likely because it wasn't asked at the start of the hearing. It sounds like he wasn't providing any answers to their questions and then they asked that to make sure he understood what was happening. If he wasn't answering the questions, it is a valid question to ask, but should always be done at the start if there is any doubt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »