Home

UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 22.

This is a discussion on UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 22. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: UFC 152 - Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping, Penn v. McDonald - Toronto - Sept

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC 152 - Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping, Penn v. McDonald - Toronto - Sept

Next Bisping is going to get hurt, then Benavidez...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #27
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I think I'm bailing out of this card. Tickets have been on sale for over a week and it's not even close to being a sellout. The demand simply isn't that big in Toronto anymore.

It looks the Penn/McDonald fight is going to be moved to Oct or November.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #28
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
I think I'm bailing out of this card. Tickets have been on sale for over a week and it's not even close to being a sellout. The demand simply isn't that big in Toronto anymore.

It looks the Penn/McDonald fight is going to be moved to Oct or November.
the demand is here, I just don't like the headline, and overall the card is not one that resonates here.

I also thing the price stings a bit too much, especially when you factor in the average mma fan here in my opinion. I'd love to see region specific ppv number's.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
the demand is here, I just don't like the headline, and overall the card is not one that resonates here.

I also thing the price stings a bit too much, especially when you factor in the average mma fan here in my opinion. I'd love to see region specific ppv number's.
There are region and card specific price points. I paid almost double in Vegas for the same seats than I did in Atlanta.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #30
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

There were a lot of tickets left even before the Penn/Rory fight was taken off the card. Most people thought 152 was pretty stacked before the injury to Rory.

Don't forget during the last visit to Toronto, Jon Jones was in the main event, and it didn't sell out until the day before the fight.

I feel like there is a novelty effect with the UFC. When they bring a PPV to a city for the first time, the ticket sales usually go really well and than it slows down for the next event(s). The same thing happened in Vancouver. UFC 115 was headlined with a washed up Liddell vs Franklin and it sold out right away. During the next trip to Vancouver, the announced PPV headliner was Lesnar vs. JDS and ticket sales were pretty slow. It got even worse once Lesnar was injured and replaced by Carwin.

As much as Dana likes to hype up the live event, I actually feel like it's probably a better experience at home (and much cheaper). Unless you're sitting right by the Octagon, you're going to be looking at the videoboard the majority of the time. If you get a lot of quick finishes, there's a lot of deadtime inside the arena. You also only get P+P if you fork over money to get that headset type thing.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #31
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Card will be sold out now.
Jones-Machida 2 there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

That card was already good but now its Awesome can't wait for that card should be a lot of great fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »