Home

EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Biggest waste of time there is, they act like want feedback but already have what they want to do in place. I have been there done that with these producers. Read my blogs with the wishlists they asked me for.
Just seem like a marketing tool to get people talking about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
I'm going optimistic here, IMO, EA Canada's is the company's strongest arm.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #27

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
In terms of their first effort, EA MMA was definitely better.

I'm not crazy about the FNC team shifting over to UFC, and the main reason is they focused on a very casual version of boxing and never adequately addressed some core issues with the game.

I will give an example of why I feel this development team is not the most promising for EA's first UFC game. In Fight Night 4, there was an issue of guys being able to connect an insane amount of punches and not lose stamina to where you punch yourself out. The bottom line, if you connect, you basically don't lose much stamina. Many complained about this so the FNC team tried to address it but out of the box you could still throw 120+ punches a round and still have good stamina throughout the fight.

Here's where (to me) things really went down hill. They released a patch and series of tuners that eventually tried to resolve the mega punching issue by coding the game so that you randomly miss punches. That's how they addressed it. Even if you had an opening for a flush counter, there was a possibility that you miss because the connection % became random. There was no focus on adjusting a fighter's stamina so that if you throw as many punches as possible, you pay for it with fatigue.

That's just one example of what I would call turning a blind eye coding. Instead of getting under the hood and fixing a long time issue, they created a quick fix that in turn produces more headaches.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Yea, this is not good news to me at all. I will make sure to hold onto Undisputed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Yea, this is not good news to me at all. I will make sure to hold onto Undisputed 3
Yep. Thats why I'm not worried. With Event mode, the Super CAF glitch and the openweight glitch, I could see myself playing UFC3 for at least 3 more years. Its not like the rosters are going to fluctuate that much. 50 of the 80 fighters in UFC 2009 are still in the UFC. 10-15 of the others are still in MMA or recently retired or cut.

If EA's version sucks I'll just stick with THQ. I cant tell you how many great matches I've had against the CPU recently and random results too. I had an event where I had a split draw, a first round KO (won) and a submission by gogoplata (lost, Cerrone caught Guillard with it).
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Yea UFC 3 is deep enough with a career, tournament, title and create an event modes that i don't need to get another game for years. I feel i am able to get the most realistic fights in that game and it is still fun to play. I thought EA's MMA game was way too fast, too simple and dumbed down, and didn't represent an authentic MMA experience. It was too easy to go from one move to the next whether it be able you attempt a takedown to transitioning on the ground.

The Fight Night games have not been great the past few years because they have steered away from simulation when guys are able to just throw tons of punches without losing stamina. For the 1st run at this new partnership i think the first attempt will be a step back from UFC 3. I hope i'm wrong but i'm skeptical with EA.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18
I thought EA MMA was a very good game and actually overall better than the UFC games. It had strong elements of Fight Night in it as it used the engine if I remember correctly. EA's game actually had a better ground game to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty3
I'm confused, didn't they announce years ago that Fight Night and MMA would alternate. Did that mean back then that they were planning to only have the one team work on both? Or is the break up a newer thing? Either way I can only imagine some THQ guys will make their way over to EA
This was their idea at the time until the EA MMA team moved on to other projects. There's no way for them to handle both projects without major assistance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »