Home

EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #33
General of The RSG Nation

Real Talk's Arena

OVR: 5
This kinda sucks because not only do we not get a new Fight Night game anytime soon, this teams attention to details is pretty much non existent. Their saving grace tho is their consistent community interaction
Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
This is bad news, not because they'll do a bad job but because it means it'll be unlikely that we see another Fight Night game. On the plus, at least the striking might actually be good this time.
This is exactly what I thought of too when I heard the news.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #35
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree with many of the limitations of the Fight Night engine that have been mentioned, but I'm still hopeful that their team pulls out all the stops for UFC and makes a solid game. There's some great things that can be borrowed from EA MMA and Undisputed and merged into this new title. I hope they don't try to totally reinvent the wheel, but at the same time I want to see something fresh. Like others in this thread, I don't plan on getting rid of Undisputed any time soon though.

If EA's UFC game means the end of the end of the Fight Night series, I can't say that I'm happy about that. Fight Night had a heck of a lot of problems, but it had a decent foundation. There's still room on my console for both sports. The Fight Night series has provided me with a lot of fun, despite some of the issues that I had with it. It would be disappointing if this is indeed the end. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. I wish the Visual Concepts crew would try their hand at a boxing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Just seem like a marketing tool to get people talking about the game.
Absolutely. Just like the 'community days'. That's nothing but cheap publicity.

The thing I want most in any combat sport such as boxing or MMA, is a very deep career mode where you have to make small micro-decisions in regards to your stable and diets.

I cannot express how sick and tired I am of boxing/fighting games where every career mode is the same; start out as a 50-OV fighter, train, earn points, distribute points, wash-rinse-repeat.

The problem is, even though you're a 55-OV fighter, you're fighting other 55-60 OV fighters.
When you get to be a 90 OV, you're fighting other 90-OV. So really, what's the difference?

None of the great fighters in either sport started out as a low-talented fighter.
Was Floyd Mayweather's speed at 42 when in his first pro bout?
Was Tyson's power a mere 67 when he stepped into the ring for the first time?
How about GSP? Was his wrestling a 35 in his first MMA fight?
NO!!!

So give us disparity right away!

And give us full stables to manage!

But this won't happen.
It's 2012 and outside of graphics and controls, fighting games are no different than what we played on an NES or Genesis.
It's pathetic that Evander Holyfield boxing still has one of the deeper career modes seen in a boxing/fighting game even to this day. Absolutely pathetic!

So EA, if you're serious about what fans want to see?? GIVE US A DEEP CAREER MODE with diet, stables, managers, promoters, etc!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I thought I was pretty unbiased Money. I did not just market the game, I spoke about the good and loudly proclaimed the bad. No "toot tooting" my own horn but I thought I did a good job. With that said, I wanna go to this community day a lot more than FNC!!!

I hear "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" in my head right now
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:

The thing I want most in any combat sport such as boxing or MMA, is a very deep career mode where you have to make small micro-decisions in regards to your stable and diets.

I cannot express how sick and tired I am of boxing/fighting games where every career mode is the same; start out as a 50-OV fighter, train, earn points, distribute points, wash-rinse-repeat.

The problem is, even though you're a 55-OV fighter, you're fighting other 55-60 OV fighters.
When you get to be a 90 OV, you're fighting other 90-OV. So really, what's the difference?

None of the great fighters in either sport started out as a low-talented fighter.
NO!!!

But this won't happen.
It's 2012 and outside of graphics and controls, fighting games are no different than what we played on an NES or Genesis.
It's pathetic that Evander Holyfield boxing still has one of the deeper career modes seen in a boxing/fighting game even to this day. Absolutely pathetic!

So EA, if you're serious about what fans want to see?? GIVE US A DEEP CAREER MODE with diet, stables, managers, promoters, etc!
Not to mention that when you start ur career, you are facing guys who just turned pro as well instead of journey men/cans.

We should be able to give our boxers/MMA any physical attributes we want (without buying a dlc pack..)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #39
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

NO!!!

But this won't happen.

I understand where you're coming from, but that's pretty crazy in the level of micromanagement required.

Just being honest, I don't think I'd really care to get that in depth in a career. That's something that sounds like it'd be cool but ends up being annoying because you have to spend an hour before each fight doing all these "off the field" things.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I just want an MMA game that it closer to to what a "Dynasty" or "Franchise" mode is in other in other sports games. Instead of the career mode that we currently have.

What I mean by that is instead of playing as a single fighter, let us have control over the entire league. Let us have the option to create our own cards and have the game keep up with everyone's records, rankings, title holders, etc. They could even give us the Twitter updates like in Madden 13 for immersion purposes. This could even work in an online setting, as well. Could you imagine "online dynasty UFC league". That'd be awesome! To me this type of mode seems like a no-brainier, but I've never even heard it mentioned by a Dev. I wonder why?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 07-20-2012 at 05:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »