Home

UFC 3 question, ground game

This is a discussion on UFC 3 question, ground game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
UFC 3 question, ground game

Could someone tell me the basic on keeping your opponent grounded. The tutorial doesn't help at all. Even in advanced diffuculty I can't keep my opponent down!! I get my opponent down and CPU does on move and kicks me up, no matter what I do!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: UFC 3 question, ground game

Hold the right stick left or right to grapple block. Or strong punches from a postured position, will interrupt a transition. But after a few transition attempts they will still get through a grapple block, So look to improve position on your openings, Try to learn the timing of transitions so you could time a reversal which if you are on top will advance your position. Lastly try to get into a postured position, and If you strike when you think they are moving with power strikes you will keep them from moving, and do massive damage. However, If you are reckless with your striking, a blocked strike can mean a free transition if the transition is timed immediately following the block.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: UFC 3 question, ground game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Hold the right stick left or right to grapple block. Or strong punches from a postured position, will interrupt a transition. But after a few transition attempts they will still get through a grapple block, So look to improve position on your openings, Try to learn the timing of transitions so you could time a reversal which if you are on top will advance your position. Lastly try to get into a postured position, and If you strike when you think they are moving with power strikes you will keep them from moving, and do massive damage. However, If you are reckless with your striking, a blocked strike can mean a free transition if the transition is timed immediately following the block.
Nothing to really add outside of this except practice. I used to get nervous on the bottom versus the CPU, now I'm pretty comfortable on my back. If you play against a person, look for patterns and tendencies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »