Home

Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen coaching the next TUF/ Fight on 4/27

This is a discussion on Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen coaching the next TUF/ Fight on 4/27 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen coaching the next TUF/ Fight on 4/27

It is a sad state when this matchup was announced and many weren't surprised.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I think Hendo is the only one who has a real beef with being screwed out of their title shot. Although, I can't feel too sorry for Hendo because if he wouldn't have kept his injury silent for so long, then perhaps we would have seen Chael vs. Bones at 151 or at the least one of the other guys would have stepped up with another week to train. I admit that's a pretty big assumption on my part though.

The rest of the "contenders" had their chance recently and have done little since losing, so they're really only up there by default. If Gustafsson beats Shogun, then I would say that he deserves the shot after Hendo. Assuming that he would to sit out that long for a title shot, but it's certainly not unheard of.

The rest of the guys mentioned in this thread really don't have much of a case either, IMO. Let's take a look at them

Shogun - With a win over Gus, I'd say that he deserves a shot. Although he hasn't looked looked like much of a contender in his last two fights. Brandon Vera gave him all he wanted and before that Hendo narrowly defeated him by decision in a battle. Shogun's cardio looked horrible in both fights. I won't go as far as to say that he has no shot against Bones. However, if his cardio isn't improved and the fight makes it into the championship rounds, then I don't see how he could pull this one off.

Machida - One win over Bader since being stopped by Bones. He's one of the few to actually win a round against Bones, but he needs to do a more than a win over Ryan Bader to deserve a title shot, IMO. If he had a win over one of the top guys (Rua, Evans, Glover, Gus) on his resume' since his lost then he may have a gripe for #1 contender.... But he doesn't have that.

Evans - No wins since losing to Bones. Although, he didn't get stopped like the other two, he still doesn't deserve at title shot anytime soon.

Glover - Has the talent and ability, but doesn't have the name. Let him fight Rampage and assuming he wins, give him one of the top 7-8 LHWs. If he succeeds again, then throw him in there. However, he still two maybe even three fights away.

Bader - 1) No just.... no. 2) He's 2-2 since last getting chocked out by Bones. One of those losses he was TKO'ed by Tito Ortiz. In Ortiz's first W since 2006. This "Dudebro" is going to need at least two more wins before even being mentioned with the other guys.

All other LHW's - see Part 1 of Bader

In closing, I don't necessarily agree with Chael getting an immediate shot, however I understand it and am okay with it. Looking on the bright side. at least TUF should at least make for some interesting TV. Hell, perhaps Bones will end up winning some fans back.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

You can list anyone you want at 205 and they all have a better case than Chael Sonnen, outside Chael's ability to draw a PPV buy.

As long as Dana doesn't do this too much more, fine. It's clearly fabricated and a crock of ****, just like what he did with that FOX card. They're trying to make the biggest $$ fight out there yet it's nothing but a circus sideshow.

It screws Hendo and potentially Gustaf. I can live with that.

In the past, when people jump the line, either circumstances or skill of the jumper can justify it. In this case clearly neither can be said with Chael. Clearly the main factor is Chael's PPV capability and the UFC's desire to get eyeballs with TUF.

I can't wait to hear this conference call and to hear how much bull**** Dana says.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

call just begun......
Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #37
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

they moving the show off of Friday nights.....finally
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Dana White said the other fighters need to stop bitching. They were offered to fight and they turned it down.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Looks like the fight is in Newark. May have to make that trip.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Lmao @ Jones TRT comment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »