Home

UFC on Fox 6: Rampage/Glover, Pettis/Cerrone, Johnson/Dodson - Jan 26

This is a discussion on UFC on Fox 6: Rampage/Glover, Pettis/Cerrone, Johnson/Dodson - Jan 26 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: UFC on Fox 6: Rampage/Glover, Pettis/Cerrone, Johnson/Dodson - Jan 26

What are your thoughts on the flyweights, or even bantamweights?
I want to talk about it because it seems like there is a bit of a debate about the fact that Dodson vs Johnson is maint event and because in the ad, they talk about world championship, and not flyweight world championship.
Some journalist, like in the MMA Beat, seems to be completely ok with the people thinking it shouldn't be a main event and about not calling it flyweight.

I totally disagree, 200%.
It's a shame for me.
World championship have always been main event, I don't see why this shouldn't be.
Because some people only likes 6'5/250lbs guys throwing big punches? Those people don't like "fighting"!
Flyweights are smaller and have less power, but there are still finishes and you have to admit these guys are quick as hell and have tremendous technique! If you can see it or if you don't see them as interesting fighters, go watch pro wrestling!
To talk about Dodson - Johnson, not a lot of people, but to talk about a limited skill-wise Duffee coming back to the UFC everybody is here.

The UFC seems ashamed of flyweight, not even a year after starting it.

I'm probably not the biggest fan of smaller weight classes, I prefer bigger guys, weither it's kickboxing, MMA,... but I can't stand all that about the flyweights.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #58
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I agree it should be the main event. Funny, in wrestling the main event is based on names and not necessarily the belt.

What time do the Facebook fights start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 13

Excited for this card and the Guida fight.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano338
What are your thoughts on the flyweights, or even bantamweights?
I want to talk about it because it seems like there is a bit of a debate about the fact that Dodson vs Johnson is maint event and because in the ad, they talk about world championship, and not flyweight world championship.
Some journalist, like in the MMA Beat, seems to be completely ok with the people thinking it shouldn't be a main event and about not calling it flyweight.

I totally disagree, 200%.
It's a shame for me.
World championship have always been main event, I don't see why this shouldn't be.
Because some people only likes 6'5/250lbs guys throwing big punches? Those people don't like "fighting"!
Flyweights are smaller and have less power, but there are still finishes and you have to admit these guys are quick as hell and have tremendous technique! If you can see it or if you don't see them as interesting fighters, go watch pro wrestling!
To talk about Dodson - Johnson, not a lot of people, but to talk about a limited skill-wise Duffee coming back to the UFC everybody is here.

The UFC seems ashamed of flyweight, not even a year after starting it.

I'm probably not the biggest fan of smaller weight classes, I prefer bigger guys, weither it's kickboxing, MMA,... but I can't stand all that about the flyweights.
I've heard that and I think its ridiculous. Its not that the UFC is ashamed of the flyweight division. If they were it wouldnt be headlining a FOX card. The reality is some fans dislike the Flyweight (and Bantamweight) divisions because they are 1) small and 2) their fights rarely lead to KOs (even though Dodson is a finisher). The perception is the same in all combat sports. Its the reason you rarely see flyweight level fights headlining big boxing cards in the US.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
What time do the Facebook fights start?
Should be 4:30PM, there is only 1 FB fight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Just watched Inside MMA and Rampage was interviewed after the weigh-ins. He needs to just keep his mouth shut. If you picked him to win, you may want to find the video of the interview. Here is a link with the highlights.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/26/39...xeira-paycheck
Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

He's delusional. Theres only short money everywhere else. You think Reebok is going to pay him millions to fight in the WSOF or Bamma? Hell no.

The one weight class that the UFC 100% dominates is Light Heavyweight. There are only two fighters in the top 20 outside of the UFC and thats King Mo and Anthony Johnson. The fights arent there for him to make big money. While if he stays in the UFC he could fight Rua, Henderson, Evans and Griffin all in rematches and fight guys like Lil Nog. Its his loss though.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #64
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes, he's going a bit crazy IMO. Well he's always been crazy but now it's manifesting into bitterness. When you hear him in interviews he'll leave you shaking your head at his contradictions and illogical statements. It's actually really sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »