Home

Jones v. Silva?

This is a discussion on Jones v. Silva? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Jones v. Silva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Why? He'll do what he has always done and select opponents that he can beat. Then if someone deserves a fight and might have a chance at beating him, he will hold out until the UFC throws money at him.

10 fights is a lot of fights for Silva. He is already getting old and if he continues only fighting 2 times a year, he is looking at 5 years. He won't want to fight Jones any time soon and risk losing his record.

Watch Jones move up to HW and then Silva will say he would fight him but he would have to come back down.
My guess is that we will see Silva fight 3 times in 2013 and 2014, barring injury. Likely 2 at MW and then a LHW fight. Then, two fights in 2015 and 2016 to finish up the deal.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dana said he is expecting to hold the UFC 20th anniversary card in NY in Nov 2013 if MMA is legalized this year in NY. He says he has a date with MSG and a main event....could it be Jones v. Silva?
Would be about as good of a fight you could put on there if true. I don't see MMA getting legalized in NY though.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
My guess is that we will see Silva fight 3 times in 2013 and 2014, barring injury. Likely 2 at MW and then a LHW fight. Then, two fights in 2015 and 2016 to finish up the deal.
I don't think there is any way Anderson fights 10 more times at all. What this deal does is solidify that Anderson will retire a UFC fighter and never fight again. For example let's say he fights 6 more times - he retires, he will not be allowed to fight in some other organization since he has 4 left on the UFC deal. What this does is make sure his legacy and the UFC's image isn't tarnished at all.

To be perfectly honest I don't think he will make it to 6 fights. If someone put a gun to my head and I had to guess an exact number I'd say 4 fights. maaayyyyyyybe 5, but 3 wouddn't surprise me either. 10 would shock the hell out of me I just don't see any way that's remotely possible. 8 would be an absolute shocker to me as well.

When was Anderson's debut in the UFC? 2006 or 2007 I thik... He is 37 I believe, 38 birthday will be in 2013 (obviously).

I don't bet really, but I'd rather bet on Anderson NOT fighting 10 more times than anything else I can think of in sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I don't think there is any way Anderson fights 10 more times at all. What this deal does is solidify that Anderson will retire a UFC fighter and never fight again. For example let's say he fights 6 more times - he retires, he will not be allowed to fight in some other organization since he has 4 left on the UFC deal. What this does is make sure his legacy and the UFC's image isn't tarnished at all.

To be perfectly honest I don't think he will make it to 6 fights. If someone put a gun to my head and I had to guess an exact number I'd say 4 fights. maaayyyyyyybe 5, but 3 wouddn't surprise me either. 10 would shock the hell out of me I just don't see any way that's remotely possible. 8 would be an absolute shocker to me as well.

When was Anderson's debut in the UFC? 2006 or 2007 I thik... He is 37 I believe, 38 birthday will be in 2013 (obviously).

I don't bet really, but I'd rather bet on Anderson NOT fighting 10 more times than anything else I can think of in sports.
I tend to agree with you but I could see Silva fighting into his 40's. If he fights twice a year and makes it to 43...thats 10 fights.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Jones v. Silva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I would LOVE to see this fight. If Anderson beats Jones there is absolutely no argument for Fedor > Anderson is P4P goat arguments. This fight would be amazing on the July 4th card, providing that Jones gets by Sonnen without injuries.
I really want to see Silva vs Jones... IF Anderson beats Jones....Fedor is still the best
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarko123
I really want to see Silva vs Jones... IF Anderson beats Jones....Fedor is still the best
Fedor? Is that you?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »