Home

EA UFC will have nearly 100 fighters

This is a discussion on EA UFC will have nearly 100 fighters within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA UFC will have nearly 100 fighters

Not bad i like what im seeing them say what the strengths are of the fighter like on EA MMA they did
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Nearly 100 fighters isn't close to enough for what I want in the game. Then again I have never fought a random in any UFC game and never plan to. If I play online it's against a fellow OSer in a tournament (where more than the top guys are used) or against one of my friends who I play in a league with that we keep up with spreadsheets and use every fighter on the roster multiple times.

I guess you can kiss any kind of decent career mode goodbye. Well, unless you like fighting fake fighters and/or the same guys over and over again.

Also, the small hope that I had for a deep "My UFC" type mode fate seems to be sealed as well. Sad.

At this point, I'm just hoping that, for one, the game play is good, and two the CAF is deep (and of course we don't have to pay for creating them or take them through career mode). If that's the case, then I'll be fine with having my own league that I keep up with through spreadsheets. I won't be happy about it thought. It's time to evolve into something more than just online or a one fighter career mode. It's upsetting that the devs don't see this.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 12-30-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 19

I hope my fellow UNCP Alum Derek Brunson makes it in.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Nearly 100 fighters isn't close to enough for what I want in the game. Then again I have never fought a random in any UFC game and never plan to. If I play online it's against a fellow OSer in a tournament (where more than the top guys are used) or against one of my friends who I play in a league with that we keep up with spreadsheets and use every fighter on the roster multiple times.

I guess you can kiss any kind of decent career mode goodbye. Well, unless you like fighting fake fighters and/or the same guys over and over again.

Also, the small hope that I had for a deep "My UFC" type mode fate seems to be sealed as well. Sad.

At this point, I'm just hoping that, for one, the game play is good, and two the CAF is deep (and of course we don't have to pay for creating them or take them through career mode). If that's the case, then I'll be fine with having my own league that I keep up with through spreadsheets. I won't be happy about it thought. It's time to evolve into something more than just online or a one fighter career mode. It's upsetting that the devs don't see this.
If it is anything like the Fight Night series, you should be able to substitute your CAFS in for the fake fighters in Career mode.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt EA will cap them anyway. They have never done that in the FN series and I dont recall them doing that on EA MMA. If they did cap it, I would strongly consider sticking with UFC 3.

I use the glitch to get past the CAF ratings cap and now that I've figured out how to create more than 40 CAFs, I'm more than happy with the game.
And this is why i hate CAFS. The beauty of the sport is that EVERYONE has holes and weakness. When you make Fighters only have Strenghths and SUPER strengths relative to the greatest fighters alive that is a problem. This is not the WWE...its about competitive sports. In competitive sports games you would not allow someone to compete with a team of Michael Jordans or Michael Vicks etc. In a competitive fighting game the characters are relatively balanced.

I don't expect a perfect balance...because that would not be simulating the sport. Chris Lytle is not as good as GSP....but GSP should have some weakness in his move set or rating that I need to game plan to exploit. Just like in real MMA.

BS CAFs take away from that...PLUS..they add a certain unfair element or surprise because I don't know what move you have until I am in the position where you can use it. SO if I use a regular guy...you have tons of scouting reports and know how to exploit. With CAFs...even if you were dumb enough to lead to an exploitable area...I would not know where to exploit it until its too late. The worst is when someone equalizes stats...but then makes a CAF with every crazy strike and every sweep on the ground.

Long story short...its a sim...and CAFS should not be able to be used unless against other CAFs...the fewer the better...and they should limited in their move set of ability
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
And this is why i hate CAFS. The beauty of the sport is that EVERYONE has holes and weakness. When you make Fighters only have Strenghths and SUPER strengths relative to the greatest fighters alive that is a problem. This is not the WWE...its about competitive sports. In competitive sports games you would not allow someone to compete with a team of Michael Jordans or Michael Vicks etc. In a competitive fighting game the characters are relatively balanced.

I don't expect a perfect balance...because that would not be simulating the sport. Chris Lytle is not as good as GSP....but GSP should have some weakness in his move set or rating that I need to game plan to exploit. Just like in real MMA.

BS CAFs take away from that...PLUS..they add a certain unfair element or surprise because I don't know what move you have until I am in the position where you can use it. SO if I use a regular guy...you have tons of scouting reports and know how to exploit. With CAFs...even if you were dumb enough to lead to an exploitable area...I would not know where to exploit it until its too late. The worst is when someone equalizes stats...but then makes a CAF with every crazy strike and every sweep on the ground.

Long story short...its a sim...and CAFS should not be able to be used unless against other CAFs...the fewer the better...and they should limited in their move set of ability
LOL. That makes no ****ing sense at all. You are assuming that just because I have the ability to create 100 stat CAFs....that I will. That assumption is wrong. I have a CAF of Gusstaffson that has realistic stats using the glitch. Without the glitch I would have to significantly lower Gus's defense or ground game to unrealistic levels just to get his striking stats to be realistic. Thats not sim.

Also, you are wrong about not knowing who you are facing in EA games. Using Fight Night as an example, you can immediately tell if someone is using a CAF because its a fighter that isnt in the game. You can also tell if the fighter is supercharged by looking at his stats before you press start and enter the fight. Its safe to assume the same thing will be present on EA UFC.

Like I said before, if you dont like playing randoms who have supercharged CAFs.....DONT PLAY RANDOMS!! I'll be pissed if I cant create accurate fighters because people like you cant take the simple step and either avoid randoms or look to see who the random is using before fighting.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Maverick, you're assuming that everyone plays the way you do which is not the case. I only went through the Career Mode once, but I made a ton of CAF's thanks to the glitch. I was so thankful for it since it saved me from having to either go through the Career Mode or pay $3 (iirc) every time I wanted to created someone.

None of the guys I created were better than the top guys in their division. That includes guys like Hendricks, Weidman, Gus, Big Foot, Wedum, etc. I rated them as realistically as possible. I also created a ton of lower rated fighters like Cung Le, Ed Herman, Tom Lawor, Tim Credeur, Brian Ebersole, Stephen Thompson, Chad Griggs, etc. Each of them had huge weaknesses in their games.

I hate that online players and their stupid, crazy *** CAF's basically made us have to jump through hoops to make realistic CAF's. If I want to create a fighter with whatever, rating, move set, etc. that I want to use offline, I should be able to. All the catering to online players is slowly but surely ruining gaming for guys like me.

Not that I play online against randoms, but if it were up to me I would add lobbies were you could use real fighters only, CAF's only or you could choose both if you really wanted to. With that option people who didn't want to deal with Super CAF's wouldn't have to and people who wanted to take their Super CAF against someone else's could do that, as well. Honestly, though whatever they decide to do just don't let it effect my offline experience or playing online against friends.... or make me pay to CAF. That would really turn me off.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

OVR: 7

When is this game supposed to release?!

Def. getting it when it comes out for my PS4

Rose Bowl Challenge Online Dynasty