Home

UFC Fight Pass

This is a discussion on UFC Fight Pass within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
UFC Fight Pass

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...ufc-fight-pass

Looks like the UFC is launching a digital channel for $9.99 a month. They'll air about 1 live event per month (seems like its just international fight cards) starting with Fight Night 34 in Macau on January 4th. All prelim fights that were on Youtube/Facebook are also being moved and will air here.

Fight libraries from UFC, Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce will also be available.

I would say I'm not getting this, but they are planning on putting the Gustafsson/Manuwa fight card on here so that will force me to buy it. Having access to the full fight libraries will be nice, but not sure if I will use it that much.

Last edited by Sandman42; 12-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Fight Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/2...ufc-fight-pass

Looks like the UFC is launching a digital channel for $9.99 a month. They'll air about 1 live event per month (seems like its just international fight cards) starting with Fight Night 34 in Macau on January 4th. All prelim fights that were on Youtube/Facebook are also being moved and will air here.

Fight libraries from UFC, Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce will also be available.

I would say I'm not getting this, but they are planning on putting the Gustafsson/Manuwa fight card on here so that will force me to buy it. Having access to the full fight libraries will be nice, but not sure if I will use it that much.
I'll buy it in March for the Gus fight and maybe if they only put TUF Brazil 3 on it. I cant justify paying 10 bucks next month when I have pretty much every UFC PPV on video and for the Saffediene fight.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

They should give it to you for free if you order a PPV the prior month.

With that said I may pick it up for a month at a time here and there, depending on how soon they have Event Replays. For example, I forgot to record the last Fox card and there's no replay that I can find other than the prelims. I've stayed away from any spoilers, but I'm not sure how much longer that could last before I run into something inadvertently. If I could watch it for now I'd pay the $10 and use the month to catch-up on some old fights then I would probably use it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

UFC is really trying to squeeze every dollar out of the hardcore that they can. I was hoping for some sort of PPV package where you could get bundle deals, or discounts after ordering a certain amount. I guess that was just a foolish dream.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
UFC is really trying to squeeze every dollar out of the hardcore that they can. I was hoping for some sort of PPV package where you could get bundle deals, or discounts after ordering a certain amount. I guess that was just a foolish dream.
The problem with bundling PPVs is the cable and satellite companies. They have to get each major cable company to agree to the bundles and thats very difficult to do.

They actually offered a 4 for 3 bundle on their online PPV channel, UFC.TV: Order 166, 167 and 168, get 169 free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Stupid nonsense for fight pass, they are taking cards that were free because no one watched them and now they are trying to make people in the US pay for them. They also are taking the free fights that only the hardcore fans watched anyways from the prelims and moving them there.

Stupid decisions, you go from bring fans more on FOX and now you take it away.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Stupid nonsense for fight pass, they are taking cards that were free because no one watched them and now they are trying to make people in the US pay for them. They also are taking the free fights that only the hardcore fans watched anyways from the prelims and moving them there.

Stupid decisions, you go from bring fans more on FOX and now you take it away.
Thats not completely true. Their Fox contract guarantees 4 Fox fights and 12 FS1/FS2 fights. These fights wouldve never appeared on Fox/FS1 because the UFC is significantly increasing the number of cards this year and the Fight Pass cards are in excess of what they are required to put on Fox. There will still be the 16 Fox/FS1 cards. Also their Fox contract doesnt allow them to put fights on other networks (like their old Spike deal with Versus) so they have no other options to put it on free TV.

If they would put these cards on Fox or FS1, they would basically be giving Fox free cards to air and that doesnt make financial sense. If they were being nice, they could put these cards on for free but that doesnt make financial sense either.

I cant blame them for trying to make a quick buck especially with what they are offering. You can watch practically every fight in UFC history and tons from other organizations which the hardcores will love. TUF Brazil 3 with Chael and Wandy will be on Fight Pass. If it was more than 10 bucks I would bitch but I dont have an issue with it.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

So did anyone order this yet? What are your thoughts? The card tomorrow is gonna be the first one I missed since I can't even remember when. Not knowing who the majority of the fighters are takes the sting away though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »