Home

UFC 173 - Barao v. Dillashaw - May 24 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 173 - Barao v. Dillashaw - May 24 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 173 - Barao v. Dillashaw - May 24 - Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
People say DC is boring, people say he stalls. I could go on. It's opinion, but from my perspective I find DC pretty enjoyable to watch. The one fight I didn't like was the Mir fight.

The problem is Gus and Jones still have to fight and if Gus wins they'll be a rematch.

DC seems stuck and will have to take another fight either with Rashad or Rumble

I think if Gus wins they will force Jones to fight once before he gets a rematch. The only way he would get an immediate rematch is if it was a disputed decision.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #50
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Wow

Nothing I can say other than I was totally blown away by Dillashaw's awesome performance. Dude is a killer.

I hear what everyone is saying, but honestly, is DC really going to be able to wrestle Jon Jones like that?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #51
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think if Gus wins they will force Jones to fight once before he gets a rematch. The only way he would get an immediate rematch is if it was a disputed decision.
I hope that's true because DC and Dana both were saying that if Jones lost to Gus, Jones deserves a rematch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Wow

Nothing I can say other than I was totally blown away by Dillashaw's awesome performance. Dude is a killer.

I hear what everyone is saying, but honestly, is DC really going to be able to wrestle Jon Jones like that?
Nobody is going to be able to wrestle Jones like that. Henderson barely weight 200 pounds on fight night while DC probably weighed a ton.

I do think DC could take Jones down a number of time though. Do I see him beating Jones? I think it would be a hell of a fight for sure. Between Gus and DC, Jones has some major competition in those two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #52
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Cormier can throw Jones on his head. He threw Barnett on his head like that in their fight and he's 250 pounds.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Cormier can throw Jones on his head. He threw Barnett on his head like that in their fight and he's 250 pounds.
Will DC be in positions to do that to Jones though, that's the question. It's not a question of strength or anything like that, Barnett simply didn't have the tools to keep DC off of him. Jones does posses those tools, but again, I do think DC puts Jones on his back several times if they ever fight.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #54
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Question:

Like most, I was amazed by Dillashaw's performance. And we've been saying that it came out of nowhere.

Could it be a fluke? Since Dillashaw had to know Barao to spar with Faber, he probably knew Barao's tendencies so much more having to replicate him. This make sense?

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, was just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #55
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Question:

Like most, I was amazed by Dillashaw's performance. And we've been saying that it came out of nowhere.

Could it be a fluke? Since Dillashaw had to know Barao to spar with Faber, he probably knew Barao's tendencies so much more having to replicate him. This make sense?

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, was just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I think the fight was sort of similar to JDS/Cain 2 in the fact that after that huge punch in r1 Barao wasn't the same. That being said, a beatdown over 5 rounds isn't a fluke. Serra/GSP was a fluke.

Quote:
Will DC be in positions to do that to Jones though, that's the question. It's not a question of strength or anything like that, Barnett simply didn't have the tools to keep DC off of him. Jones does posses those tools, but again, I do think DC puts Jones on his back several times if they ever fight.
I think so. Jones is very gifted and is dangerous in the clinch but I think Cormier would have an edge there because of how strong he.
The most impressive thing wasn't the throw on Hendo imo, was the sweep of his feet for another takedown shortly after he got up from the throw.
If I can find the .gif I will post it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Jones has the eye poke threat, so if DC gets the fight, he needs to go all out in the media and make sure the refs put a stop to that. DC won't be able to get inside if Jones has his fingers in DC's eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »