Home

UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #177
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Not being impressed with how Rousy won that fight is silly. The whole sequence was perfect.

I am aware Davis wasn't ready or on the same level. She had what looked like a nervous smile going upon entering. But Rousy did great, and why shouldn't people be excited? I don't understand resenting a champion
Yeah that sequence, in my opinion, was artwork. Beautiful. A straight right to stun her, a knee to the head, a hip toss to side control, and great ground n pound for the finish.

Rousey is a killer.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #178
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
The only problem I have with Rousey is her attitude. The way she acted on TUF was ridiculous. Miesha would be respectful and Ronda would flip her off and yell curse words.
I was surprised that she got so much hate for that. At least she's genuine. That **** went both ways man. Tate's camp and Ronda's camp fired shots back and forth for a long time.

Don't Nick and Nate Diaz do the same kind of stuff and we love them for it?

OS Blog

Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I was surprised that she got so much hate for that. At least she's genuine. That **** went both ways man. Tate's camp and Ronda's camp fired shots back and forth for a long time.

Don't Nick and Nate Diaz do the same kind of stuff and we love them for it?
She can't have it both ways. She wants to be liked, but won't come out and say it.

Ronda is definitely fighting cans. The rest of WMMA can't knock out another woman with 1 shot. Ronda really doesn't have to fear the striking. She knows that in order for them to hurt her, they have to get close or clinch. That plays right into her game. She is also bigger than most of the other WMMA fighters as most would be in 125 if the UFC added.

Tate who has fought the best is basically a wrestler that can brawl, but that's it. She can grind out wins, but there is no quick flash power. She also can't fight at range.

Holm would be an interesting fight. I'm not saying she could win, but it would be interesting. I would love to see what happens if Ronda has to fight at distance and a faster, technical fighter.

Cyborg would have to get close, so she would have to be able to keep it standing. She is a brawler though not technical as shown by her other non-MMA fights. She could win as she has one punch power.

This is the whole reason I didn't want WMMA, definitely not at 135/145. The 115 has a lot and they have had multiple orgs going at the same time.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #180
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not sure what you guys want Rousey to do, shes fighting everyone. If she beats Cyborg at some point in her career, will that make Cyborg a bum too?

Everyone has to remember we've been watching Rousey fight since day one, with very little training and she was obviously one dimensional. She was so good at that one thing that it took her to where shes at now, but shes not resting on that one thing, shes clearly developing other skills. By the time she fights these women some of you think are serious competition, she'll probably have high level striking ability.

The scary thing is she might have it now, we just don't get to see it because shes dominating these women.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #181
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
I'm not sure what you guys want Rousey to do, shes fighting everyone. If she beats Cyborg at some point in her career, will that make Cyborg a bum too?

Everyone has to remember we've been watching Rousey fight since day one, with very little training and she was obviously one dimensional. She was so good at that one thing that it took her to where shes at now, but shes not resting on that one thing, shes clearly developing other skills. By the time she fights these women some of you think are serious competition, she'll probably have high level striking ability.

The scary thing is she might have it now, we just don't get to see it because shes dominating these women.
I think shes incredibly scary. Now you gotta watch the judo/subs as well as the right hand, ouch

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #182
MVP

OVR: 11

Dana is a promoter. He's just hyping up his star. Now do I think Rousey could beat ANY man on the Vegas strip? NO. Do I think there are some dudes probably around her size that have no kind of training she could whoop? Sure. But also you have to understand we are talking about street fight here. No rules, just say go into a bar and pick a fight with someone. It's a different story when there's no ref there to call foul when you might be down with one hand on the ground and someone is still kicking the **** out of your head.

Could Rousey beat Mayweather? NO. Even in the Octagon under MMA rules? NO. She would either try to swarm him like she does the girls, he would dodge every punch, counter her with one good shot and it would be lights out. Period, point blank, end of discussion. Or if she stayed back and actually trying to box him in the ring, he'd feignt one way, his right would come form the other way and she would be out cold. BUT....

...on the flipside, if they started on the ground, and stayed on the ground, I have no doubt she would submit it him. Not because shes this super badass but simply because the ground game is something a professional boxer would have no idea what to do.

I do think some people ride her case too hard though. Not her fault shes walking through the fighters available. I do think though shes getting lucky not getting caught with a one hitter quitter shot when she comes swarming in as soon as the fight starts. Unfortunately there is no real female verson of a Dan Henderson or Chuck Lidelle who's capable of landing one square shot on the button when she comes in and flooring her. Shes been lucky in that regard. But on the other hand, I see the demanor and the mindset of the women shes faced when they are in the right right when the fight is about to happen and Rhonda's mindset is just on a whole other level. Most of those chicks are going in with a "sportsmans" mindset. Rhonda goes in with a truly and genuinely violent person's mindset and I think thats why shes be just beating the **** out of everyone.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #183
Banned

OVR: 0

Weidman vs. Machida Results
Chris Weidman defended his title at UFC 175 on Saturday night

Rousey v. Davis Results
Ronda Rousey once again proved to be the class of women's MMA Saturday night at UFC 175, as she defeated Alexis Davis to retain the UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship for the fourth time.

Source: mmafighting and bleacherreport

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »