Home

UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

Belfort has seemed to return to his earlier form on it though; coming out when the bell rings like a bat out of hell.

Sent from my HP 7 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Belfort has seemed to return to his earlier form on it though; coming out when the bell rings like a bat out of hell.

Sent from my HP 7 using Tapatalk
Not really when you watch the fights. Vitor isnt Wandy. He doesnt charge out of the gate and try to KO you. He is a counter puncher who attacks when he has a guy hurt. I'm watching the Rockhold fight right now and he's counter punching with Rockhold pushing forward. He only steps forward when he thinks Luke is hurt.

He's only been on TRT since the Jones fight in 2012. He only has two losses since 2007 and has stopped everyone he's beat since 2008. I'm not saying that TRT didnt help Vitor because it did. I'm just saying its not the reason he beat Rockhold/Bisping/Hendo.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm not saying Vitor beat those guys because of TRT, but at his age, he needs to prove that it wasn't the TRT.

Chael has no business fighting for anything other than gate keeper fights based on skills. He gets these fights because he is still a draw for the UFC. I expect him to get waylaid if the recent Vitor shows up and hopefully end his career. I would think the same thing even with Chael on TRT.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #28
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Sonnen is kidding right? If he wins he gets a shot at Weidman/Machida? That's just him doing his schtick right? I can't tell anymore.
I hope he is joking because watching him in big fights recently has been sad to watch
Old 05-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'm not saying Vitor beat those guys because of TRT, but at his age, he needs to prove that it wasn't the TRT.
Lets say he looks like **** but beats Chael in a close decision. Why wouldnt he deserve a shot? Look at his resume. There is no one in MW who has the wins he does the last few years. Why should he be forced to fight rockhold again when he knocked him out in the first round?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #30
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lets say he looks like **** but beats Chael in a close decision. Why wouldnt he deserve a shot? Look at his resume. There is no one in MW who has the wins he does the last few years. Why should he be forced to fight rockhold again when he knocked him out in the first round?
If that did happen, wouldn't that kind of be like Gray Maynard not too long ago? I could be wrong here but wasn't Gray kind of in Vitor's position but then had a really lackluster win against Diaz and they made him fight one more instead?

I might be mixing up my fighers here, I think it was Gray who this happened to. Either way, this situation, if it in fact goes down like this (I think Chael is getting knocked out, but just hypothetically speaking) has happened to a guy in the last couple years.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon11 Re: UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Because of questions, rumors, speculation, etc. Vitor hasn't fought in the USA since 2011. He has fought in Brazil or Canada once. He failed his drug test in Feb. and got pulled from the title fight. He is most likely taking TRT because of steroid use (just like all the other TRT users). Based on that, if he comes out looking terrible against an over the hill fighter, the UFC should think about making him prove that he wasn't benefiting from those substances.

Jacare is hurt, so there really isn't anyone else for Vitor to fight next to prove he can fight a top fighter clean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
If that did happen, wouldn't that kind of be like Gray Maynard not too long ago? I could be wrong here but wasn't Gray kind of in Vitor's position but then had a really lackluster win against Diaz and they made him fight one more instead?

I might be mixing up my fighers here, I think it was Gray who this happened to. Either way, this situation, if it in fact goes down like this (I think Chael is getting knocked out, but just hypothetically speaking) has happened to a guy in the last couple years.
Different situation. Gray's biggest wins at that time were over Edgar (who wasnt considered a top fighter yet) and a split of Roger Huerta. There also wasnt a clear #1 contender for LW at that time. Also, I remember Gray got offered the Penn fight in Abu Dhabi first but couldnt take it because of injuries.

Vitor's situation is different. Over the past year, he defeated the current #5 (Rockhold), #8 (Bisping who was higher at the time) and #7 (LHW Henderson) fighters in the division. All by Knockout. The only other people who could even make an argument about a shot is Rockhold (who again not only lost to Belfort but got KO'd in the first round) and Jacare (who has a loss to Rockhold).

Good or ugly loss...Vitor deserves the next shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »