Home

Now that Rhonda is in movies too...

This is a discussion on Now that Rhonda is in movies too... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Now that Rhonda is in movies too...

So I checked out the trailer, looks decent. I know Rhonda is in it so I saw a couple of shot of her in the movie (yeah, she was cute). Anyways I also watched Haywire with Gina Carrano. Haywire was actually a decent movie for her to star in. With that said, Id love to see someone come along and write a movie (a legit movie, not some Ewe Bol stuff). That starts both Rhonda and Gina. I don't know if I would want them to be best friends reunited and then kick some azz throughout the movie (maybe like a Lethal weapon Riggs and Murtock) kind of chemistry, or pit them off as arch rivals. Again though, I would want a legit story line with legit scripts and directing, and the support of legit actors (Gina got that in Haywire)... and besides... who wouldn't want to look at both of them on screen

So speaking of Dana's favorite little girl.. I wonder if she winds up pulling a Gina after a while and just splitting for Hollywood. I mean even if she did a year from now, you can say she's accomplished alot in a short amount of time. I also understand a UFC paycheck isn't like a boxing paycheck, even if you're on the under card of a boxing PPV. It will be interesting to see if she just continues to dominate and peace out by or at 30 (shes 27 now).

In other news, before she hangs them up, I would love to see her in a fight with a fully healed and emotionally put back together Cat Zigano and a fight with Cyborg (when she get off the PED's, even if its at a catch weight).

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Now that Rhonda is in movies too...

I think in a press conference not too long ago didn't she say she only wanted to fight for a few more years or something like that?

If she gets steady work from Hollywood and the money compares to her UFC income, I could definitely see her walking away

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think in a press conference not too long ago didn't she say she only wanted to fight for a few more years or something like that?

If she gets steady work from Hollywood and the money compares to her UFC income, I could definitely see her walking away
Well she's 27 now.. pretty good looking.. she has a stage presence (could use an acting coach though). I think it really would depend on what the next 3-4 years looks like for her in the UFC.. she really becomes like a female version of Silva, Aldo, GSP, Jones (super long title defense streaks) I could see the women's division pretty much cleaned out and there will be nothing for her to prove. I think she will leave she feels she has secured that "best women's fighter ever" label. While Gina has more acting creds and experience (main character in Haywire with a star studded cast) Rhonda is a household name in MMA now. She's legit in the ring.. Gina well.. there will always be questions about her ring skills.s

I think more Hollywood is going to be the thing for Rhonda in the future. I think for her as a celebrity (not just a fighter) will be her natural evolution.

I think if she's still got the belts at 30 or 31 she pulls a GSP... speaking of which.. I think with his accent and broken english he would have made a really funny guy in the Expendables.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Last edited by blackceasar; 06-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if she left. Just not a fan of hers or womens MMA for that matter.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if she left. Just not a fan of hers or womens MMA for that matter.
...... it's 2014, not 1954.... but each to his/her own.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
...... it's 2014, not 1954.... but each to his/her own.
And that doesn't really have a damn thing to do with why I'm not big on womens mma, so try that sexist bull**** somewhere else.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
Just started!

Haywire really is interesting n Gina is OMG!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »