Home

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao - July 19

This is a discussion on UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao - July 19 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #33
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao - July 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What makes u guys think that? I'm not saying he is ready for Aldo but what has he shown that makes u think he can't beat a Porier or Guida or Swanson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I never said he can't beat any of those guys. I said it'll come crashing down real soon. The division is loaded with killers. Besides Diamond, Guida, Swanson you have Zombie, Mendes, Edgar, Lamas and I could go on even further.

He says these things, talking like he's invisible. Of course, it's to sell tickets, I get that. I'm just saying he's in for a shock once he starts trying fighting real competition. It's one thing to beat a few of these killers, but to remain unscathed in this division is impossible. I can guarantee that.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I never said he can't beat any of those guys. I said it'll come crashing down real soon. The division is loaded with killers. Besides Diamond, Guida, Swanson you have Zombie, Mendes, Edgar, Lamas and I could go on even further.

He says these things, talking like he's invisible. Of course, it's to sell tickets, I get that. I'm just saying he's in for a shock once he starts trying fighting real competition. It's one thing to beat a few of these killers, but to remain unscathed in this division is impossible. I can guarantee that.
I just don't think you can say Brandao and Hollaway aren't real comp. I just don't think we have enough to say he can't run through those killers. Just like we can't say what he can definitively.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #35
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I will be really intrigued with who they give him next. I think going straight to Frankie, which as a guy the commentators brought up, seems a bit crazy.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #36
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
I just don't think you can say Brandao and Hollaway aren't real comp. I just don't think we have enough to say he can't run through those killers. Just like we can't say what he can definitively.

Dude, you're saying he could run through that list of guys unscathed? Lol not going to happen.

Brandao and Hollaway are real competition, but they weren't even top 10 material.

He's going to eat his words one day, and it could be sooner rather than later.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Dude, you're saying he could run through that list of guys unscathed? Lol not going to happen.

Brandao and Hollaway are real competition, but they weren't even top 10 material.

He's going to eat his words one day, and it could be sooner rather than later.
He won't even have to face most of them to get a shot at Aldo. Poitier is probably next and after that he is looking at a number 1 contenders fight.

I'm not saying he can run through them. I'm saying in his three fights I haven't seen anything that would make me say he can't beat any of those people you named.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #38
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
The crowd was seriously unreal. I haven't been this impressed with a crowd.

As far as Conor goes, his bravado rivals Chael's. It'll come crashing down for him real, real soon IMO. Give him a real top 10 opponent next please. Loved his performance though, no denying that.
I don't get why people say this. Like taking a loss is going to stop him from talking. It didn't stop Chael, I doubt it will quell Mcgreggor.

Maybe it's because I'm a McNear, but I'm loving these Irish fighters lol.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #39
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

I never said a loss would stop Conor. Why are you putting words into my mouth? Lol. I like Conor's bravado. All I said was he'll lose one day soon and he'll eat his words. That doesn't mean he will stop talking or that I even want him to stop.

Quote:
He won't even have to face most of them to get a shot at Aldo. Poitier is probably next and after that he is looking at a number 1 contenders fight.

I'm not saying he can run through them. I'm saying in his three fights I haven't seen anything that would make me say he can't beat any of those people you named.

I don't care what his path is to get a title shot. Either way he is going to start facing real top 10, top 5 material. I am telling you he won't run through the division. Scree shot this post and remember it.

To your last point, again, I am not saying he can't beat anyone in the division. He is a promising fighter. My point was he is going to get caught one day, there are too many amazing featherweights for him to avoid it. Hence my original comment on crashing down.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I never said a loss would stop Conor. Why are you putting words into my mouth? Lol. I like Conor's bravado. All I said was he'll lose one day soon and he'll eat his words. That doesn't mean he will stop talking or that I even want him to stop.

I don't care what his path is to get a title shot. Either way he is going to start facing real top 10, top 5 material. I am telling you he won't run through the division. Scree shot this post and remember it.

To your last point, again, I am not saying he can't beat anyone in the division. He is a promising fighter. My point was he is going to get caught one day, there are too many amazing featherweights for him to avoid it. Hence my original comment on crashing down.
U are contradicting urself. U are saying that it's all going to "crash down" but then saying a loss won't hurt him and that u aren't saying he cant beat anyone in the division.

I don't get what he's saying that's so different than what Aldo and others have said about being the best in the division.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »