Home

CM Punk has signed with the UFC

This is a discussion on CM Punk has signed with the UFC within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #17
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: CM Punk has signed with the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Which is funny because he was the main guy in WWE who was whining when guys like The Rock and Lesnar were doing the exact same thing.

It's really not comparable at all. No even in the slightest. Dana actually knows what's best for business.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Working as a commentator or in-studio analyst for UFC would be something Punk could be good at after he gets competitive fighting out of his system.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Glad to see a few people actually understand what Punk is doing and not just jumping to conclusions. I've seen people say hes doing it for the money, publicity stunt, doing it to stick it to the WWE...to be honest I think it's just something he really wants to do and has never had that opportunity while he was with the WWE. It's well known he's been a fan of the sport for a long time and loves to train. Will he do well? Who knows, but I doubt he's in denial and plans on fighting for his weightclasses belt. He's gonna do a few fights and have fun, simple as that.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #20
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Working as a commentator or in-studio analyst for UFC would be something Punk could be good at after he gets competitive fighting out of his system.
I reckon that's what will happen. He would be an amazing commentator.

Don't underestimate him though, I reckon he will be better at the fight game than people will give him credit for.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I don't know anything about the guy, I haven't keep up with wrestling since I was 12. But, I wish him the best.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #22
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I think this is stupid, especially since he isn't a 265 pound mammoth who was an elite college wrestler like Lesnar, but at least he seems honest about this and not spouting BS which is refreshing. They will probably find a giant tomato can for his debut but even then, I would be surprised if he ever makes any "noise".
Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #23
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Punk wouldn't have signed a deal with the UFC if he wasn't capable of competing at a high level. He's a very smart and calculating businessman, so he'll definitely be fully prepared to win when he steps into the octagon for the first time.

That being said, it will be a disaster if they stick him in the octagon with a top-5 guy every fight just to make big money. There's no way he's ready for that kind of competition yet.

He would've been a great guy to throw on The Ultimate Fighter to give that show a boost (not sure they're even doing anymore though), and it would've been much better competition for him than the top guys.

I'm interested to see how it goes, but I would've liked to see him fight once or twice in another promotion before bringing his services to the UFC.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm fine with the UFC signing him if he has some MMA fight experience. As he hasn't fought, there is no way I would sign him unless you were putting him in TUF. I know he has trained before, but having no fight experience sounds like a terrible decision. Hopefully the UFC had him tryout and see that he can actually fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »