Home

UFC 187: Jones vs. Rumble/Weidman vs. Belfort - May 23

This is a discussion on UFC 187: Jones vs. Rumble/Weidman vs. Belfort - May 23 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 187: Jones vs. Rumble/Weidman vs. Belfort - May 23

*paging Aholbert*

I was watching Fox Sports the other day and they had a lawyer on there saying that Jones will likely do some jail time for this. Do you honestly see him getting locked up?
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
*paging Aholbert*

I was watching Fox Sports the other day and they had a lawyer on there saying that Jones will likely do some jail time for this. Do you honestly see him getting locked up?
Its a possibility but nothing serious. Maybe 30 days or so and that depends on what the charges are. The woman was injured but that will get settled on the civil end (when she sues Jones).
Old 05-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #35
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Main Card (PPV)
Anthony Johnson vs. Daniel Cormier
Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort
Donald Cerrone vs. John Makdessi
Travis Browne vs. Andrei Arlovski
Joseph Benavidez vs. John Moraga

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

John Dodson vs. Zach Makovsky
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Josh Burkman
uriah Hall vs. Rafael Natal
Rose Namajunas vs. Nina Ansaroff

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Mike Pyle vs. Colby Covington
islam Makhachev vs. Leo Kuntz
Justin Scoggins vs. Josh Sampo

Even without Jon Jones this is still one hell of a card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #36
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is still a great card despite the injury and Jon Jones crap.

Love the Dodson fight. Great matchup. The Burkman fight is good, love seeing Rose back in the cage. Great card

I've tried to stay away from the Jones saga on this board, I post about it enough over on SBnation. All I'm gonna say is this.

I hate Jon Jones. Like, legitimately, he irks me in a way few athletes can. I can't stand him at all, not sure there is an athlete I like less, maybe A-Rod. I've posted before on here that I think he has some deep seeded ego/self-conscious issues.

All that aside: Jon Jones is the baddest man on the planet. In my view he is undoubtably, as of right now, the greatest of all time. The guy is an unbelievably successful champion in the cage.

Out out of the cage he seems like a pretty huge ******* and frankly I think he probably doesn't have people around him telling him "No." It's probably a lot of "sure champ, whatever you say." I don't know enough to say for sure, maybe he's a full blown sociopath, or maybe he's just a kid who become a millionaire and started doing dumb as hell things, who knows. All I know is I remember a very humble and seemingly genuine guy in the ring during his early fights. When he lost to Hamill on the DQ I remember being impressed by how he handled it. I'm not sure which one is the real Jon Jones, that young and hungry kid, or the guy who seems more into partying than trainings despite living in ABQ now.

Now, above all else, I am a big mma fan and at the end of the day I want Jon Jones to come back. I want to see him try and go undefeated his whole career, how amazing would that be (the Hamill loss doesn't count).

Anyway, that for random, sorry.

I heard someone say they think DC Vs Rumble goes the way of Rumble vs Phil Davis. I'm not sure about that. DC is stronger than Davis in almost every way. I'd probably still have to bet on Rumble tho, that power in his hands is insane

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
This is still a great card despite the injury and Jon Jones crap.

Love the Dodson fight. Great matchup. The Burkman fight is good, love seeing Rose back in the cage. Great card

I've tried to stay away from the Jones saga on this board, I post about it enough over on SBnation. All I'm gonna say is this.

I hate Jon Jones. Like, legitimately, he irks me in a way few athletes can. I can't stand him at all, not sure there is an athlete I like less, maybe A-Rod. I've posted before on here that I think he has some deep seeded ego/self-conscious issues.

All that aside: Jon Jones is the baddest man on the planet. In my view he is undoubtably, as of right now, the greatest of all time. The guy is an unbelievably successful champion in the cage.

Out out of the cage he seems like a pretty huge ******* and frankly I think he probably doesn't have people around him telling him "No." It's probably a lot of "sure champ, whatever you say." I don't know enough to say for sure, maybe he's a full blown sociopath, or maybe he's just a kid who become a millionaire and started doing dumb as hell things, who knows. All I know is I remember a very humble and seemingly genuine guy in the ring during his early fights. When he lost to Hamill on the DQ I remember being impressed by how he handled it. I'm not sure which one is the real Jon Jones, that young and hungry kid, or the guy who seems more into partying than trainings despite living in ABQ now.

Now, above all else, I am a big mma fan and at the end of the day I want Jon Jones to come back. I want to see him try and go undefeated his whole career, how amazing would that be (the Hamill loss doesn't count).

Anyway, that for random, sorry.

I heard someone say they think DC Vs Rumble goes the way of Rumble vs Phil Davis. I'm not sure about that. DC is stronger than Davis in almost every way. I'd probably still have to bet on Rumble tho, that power in his hands is insane
I completely agree. Davis' game plan has always been to use kicks from the outside and shoot for doubles. Cormier has no problem going inside with Rumble and will try to use the clinch to wear him down. I'm leaning toward Cormier because I think Johnson's cardio issues will hurt him and I dont think Rumble is knocking out DC in the early rounds.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Hopefully I'll get to watch this. Going to be out in the wilderness, so trying to get back early enough to figure out somewhere to watch it where I'm staying.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I am a fan of Rumble, DC and Jones for that matter.

So, I will be happy with whoever wins.

I have a feeling in my gut, that Rumble will win by TKO/KO in Round 2 though.

Should be an amazing spectacle. I always like watching these bouts where the belt is vacant.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:13 AM   #40
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I completely agree. Davis' game plan has always been to use kicks from the outside and shoot for doubles. Cormier has no problem going inside with Rumble and will try to use the clinch to wear him down. I'm leaning toward Cormier because I think Johnson's cardio issues will hurt him and I dont think Rumble is knocking out DC in the early rounds.
I'd argue Cormier has more cardio issues. He gassed pretty hard against Jones. Rumble had an issue at MW in Brazil against Vitor when the ref screwed him (adding on to that awful weight cut) and at HW he gassed against Arlovski but other than that he has shown no cardio problems and recently went 3 rounds fine against Davis.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »