Home

UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos - March 14

This is a discussion on UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos - March 14 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos - March 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I was glad to see her take a beating. I was sick of her complaining about not getting a Reebok deal and her fight being under promoted. She is a one trick pony and she finally faced someone with elite striking and decent takedown defense.
She doesnt look good enough for Rebook. I'm sorry but we are still in a society that sexualizes women. I'm not saying thats wrong or right, I'm just pointing out the white elephant in the room. Lebron James is an ugly mofo, but he's the best player in the NBA, hence big endorsements. Mike Tyson was ugly as heck but before he went onto being a cannibal in the ring, he got major endorsements as well, because he was great at the time.

You don't have to be the best in your sport as a chick to score endorsements and honestly you she cant be hating on other girls getting the deals because it's not their fault they won out on in the gene lottery. Esparza didn't have much marketablity and its not just that shes just not that nice to look at, she's also really got on personality thats good for a marketer. These brands pay people TONS of money in their companies to look into who they should go after to represent their brands. They have MBA's and PHD's in psychology, marketing, etc (trust me, I know these people) and if they say she's not marketable, shes not marketable.

Now we can have a whole other debate on whats wrong with determining if someone is marketable or not but thats not what my post is about. She was an over hyped, not as good as she thought figther who really just seemed like if she were a chick working in your office, she'd be the chick in the office no one liked.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

Last edited by blackceasar; 03-18-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 09:31 AM   #26
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I really enjoyed this card - everyone gave it their all and there were some spectacular performances.

Have there been two title changes on the same Pay Per View before?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I really enjoyed this card - everyone gave it their all and there were some spectacular performances.

Have there been two title changes on the same Pay Per View before?
UFC 92. Mir beat Noguiera for the HW belt and Evans beat Griffin for the LHW belt.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #28
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I disagree about Dana being upset about Joanna as well. He brought her up to the front row to watch the rest of the card after she beat Gadelha and was very complimentary of her despite the controversial decision. I think he loves the way she fights, and frankly, I don't see who wouldn't.

She's straight up NASTY. Holy cow. Maybe my new favorite fighter next to Frankie. That chick throws serious heat.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »