Home

UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st

This is a discussion on UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st

You can't beat those other two people that aren't even in your sport but there's an asterisk if you were to fight someone in your sport. Stfu or take on all comers.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
You can't beat those other two people that aren't even in your sport but there's an asterisk if you were to fight someone in your sport. Stfu or take on all comers.

I just really disagree with this.

Why? Should JJ be forced to go up and fight Ronda? Cyborg has a size/weight advantage, why should she cherry pick and have the champ come to her court and fight on her terms. Makes zero sense.

And if you think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg, I think that's silly too. Its business. It makes no sense for her to fight cyborg at 145. There is no 145 division in the UFC. Cyborg needs to suck it up, lose some of that all natural muscle mass, and make 135.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Then don't say you're the baddest at something. This is just the way I look at it. Not saying it's necessarily the right way. She's the baddest until Cyborg is brought up and this it's, buts and ifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Then don't say you're the baddest at something. This is just the way I look at it. Not saying it's necessarily the right way. She's the baddest until Cyborg is brought up and this it's, buts and ifs.

Jose Aldo is arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Under your theory, if he says he is the best fighter he has to not only beat people in his division but has to fight people in the next division too.

That's ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #21
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

If Ronda beats Bethe, and then beats Miesha, I think the Cyborg fight happens. Win or lose she probably retires after that. That's my prediction at least, who knows.

Either way, I hope the fight happens. I really do. If Ronda leaves the ring with Cyborgs arm as a trophy I wonder what people would say then. I know what they will say if Ronda loses. Wil be fun to watch either way.

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to this card. I love me some Shogun. I didn't watch the TUF Brazil but will have to read up on those guys in the finale.

Really love the Gadelha/Aguilar fight. Gadelha/JJ 2 would be awesome. Aguilar/JJ is a really fun fight too.

I love the Nogs, but man, I hope neither of those guys stick around too long. They've both seen a lot of battles.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #22
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Jose Aldo is arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Under your theory, if he says he is the best fighter he has to not only beat people in his division but has to fight people in the next division too.

That's ridiculous.
Man, that's not what I said lol. As far as I know, Aldo doesn't go around saying he could beat people in other sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Man, that's not what I said lol. As far as I know, Aldo doesn't go around saying he could beat people in other sports.

Ronda has never said she could beat people in other sports. She has said that she could beat Mayweather and Ali in a MMA match (which is true). She never said she could beat them in boxing.

Also thats exactly what you said. You are knocking Ronda because she wont go out of her weight class to fight someone. If thats the case...hold everyone else to that standard.

Jon Jones should be knocked for not fighting at HW. Weidman should be knocked for not going to LHW. Same goes for Also at LW.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Ronda's attitude and protection from Dana is what most people can't stand. She has no off switch. She has emotional issues from her childhood and I think that makes her the way she is. She/Dana say she can beat any man, yet they know that one it can never be proven right or wrong and two that she has already shown she can't in practice. Then her coaches talk about how she is knocking out striking champions in sparing sessions. She surrounds herself with other women who are no where near her level in talent or looks so there is no doubt she is on top. They are also just a rude as she is.

She would be likeable if she could get over her inferiority complex. Its fine to say you are the best and believe it, but you can't say it the way she does. Look at Conor and Chael, Conor is the champ and talks even more than Ronda, yet people don't hate him as much because he is funny and the way he says it. Chael wasn't near the talent level so people didn't take him as serious, but he used a lot of humor. Ronda has no humor.

I would love to she her lose, but I don't think it will happen here. Now if Tate beats her and then after she demands an immediate rematch and Dana does whatever she wants, she then loses again to Tate, look out. She may become broken mentally. Everything she has fought to prove that she is the best would be taken away and it may be a hard fall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »