Home

UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st

This is a discussion on UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: UFC 190 - Rousey vs. Correia - August 1st

I don't think anyone at 145 would beat Ronda. Cyborg has a chance, but unless Ronda folds when she gets hit, she will walk through her. The issue is that at 135 and 115, a lot of them are forced to fight at 135 if they want to be in the UFC. The depth at 135, which I don't think there is any to begin with, would disappear as a lot of them would move down.

115 is great and 125 probably would have a great champ as Joanna will move up.

For the media stuff, yeah they need to drop it. She also needs to drop it as it seems if they don't ask her, she brings it up on her own, see the ESPYs speech.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I don't think anyone at 145 would beat Ronda. Cyborg has a chance, but unless Ronda folds when she gets hit, she will walk through her. The issue is that at 135 and 115, a lot of them are forced to fight at 135 if they want to be in the UFC. The depth at 135, which I don't think there is any to begin with, would disappear as a lot of them would move down.

115 is great and 125 probably would have a great champ as Joanna will move up.

For the media stuff, yeah they need to drop it. She also needs to drop it as it seems if they don't ask her, she brings it up on her own, see the ESPYs speech.
There is plenty of depth at 135. It just that Ronda is significantly better than them. Tate and Kaufman are former Strikeforce champions. Holm is a former boxing and kickboxing champion. Eye is technically a Bellator champion since she beat a Bellator champion in a non-title fight. Cat Zingano is a great female fighter. If Ronda retired, I could see a ton of people in that division being champ.

The ESPY's speech was a great line and it was responding to Floyd calling Ronda a guy and saying he "Never heard of HIM". I dont blame her at all for responding to that.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't think you base liking a fighter totally off of wins and losses. Her personality gets old, for me at least. When she's just chill, she's cool. But when she does interviews calling out Mayweather and Ali's daughter and **** like that, just gets old. Someone throws Cyborg's name out and it's this reason and that reason why she doesn't do it. I know this **** talking sound bites are probably more for entertainment, it's just annoying to me.

Chael Sonnen does the same exact **** she does, but for me, it 's hilarious when he does it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Bingo......
Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There is plenty of depth at 135. It just that Ronda is significantly better than them. Tate and Kaufman are former Strikeforce champions. Holm is a former boxing and kickboxing champion. Eye is technically a Bellator champion since she beat a Bellator champion in a non-title fight. Cat Zingano is a great female fighter. If Ronda retired, I could see a ton of people in that division being champ.

The ESPY's speech was a great line and it was responding to Floyd calling Ronda a guy and saying he "Never heard of HIM". I dont blame her at all for responding to tha
t.
Mayweather made how much money for his last fight? Rousey just need to get over the fact that Floyd could care less about her.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #45
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Why ask the question if everything by her is going to get defended? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 11:14 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Why ask the question if everything by her is going to get defended? Lol

Hence the reason why I'm tired of her. Apparently we're not allowed to have an opinion of her that isn't total slurpage.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I mainly started disliking Ronda when she came off as a crybaby and delusional on TUF and my disdain for her just snowballed from there. Also, there's a big difference between trash talkers like Conor/Chael and versus Ronda/Bones and the Diaz's. One of those groups is funny and clever while the other just comes across as arrogant and pouty... I'll let you guess which group is which.

Lastly, there's the New York Yankees/Alabama football effect that plays a huge role for me. America loves to see underdogs pull out a W... and personally I love it even more when a person/team comes off as unlikable. With that said, love 'em or hate 'em all of the fighters that are listed above are Must See TV for me. It's just that some I tune in hoping that they win and others I watch to hopefully see them lose.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I mainly started disliking Ronda when she came off as a crybaby and delusional on TUF and my disdain for her just snowballed from there. Also, there's a big difference between trash talkers like Conor/Chael and versus Ronda/Bones and the Diaz's. One of those groups is funny and clever while the other just comes across as arrogant and pouty... I'll let you guess which group is which.

Lastly, there's the New York Yankees/Alabama football effect that plays a huge role for me. America loves to see underdogs pull out a W... and personally I love it even more when a person/team comes off as unlikable. With that said, love 'em or hate 'em all of the fighters that are listed above are Must See TV for me. It's just that some I tune in hoping that they win and others I watch to hopefully see them lose.
I'd honestly put Conor in the arrogant group, there is nothing funny or clever about what he's doing. Dude is just a dick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »