Home

UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #121
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

Also, I didn't comment about the fight because I fell asleep and missed it, but I'm shocked how it played out. I think Aldo is still the better fighter, but Conor clearly got into his head and impacted him. You'd think Aldo would know better, but I guess not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #122
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Also, I didn't comment about the fight because I fell asleep and missed it, but I'm shocked how it played out. I think Aldo is still the better fighter, but Conor clearly got into his head and impacted him. You'd think Aldo would know better, but I guess not.
Really hard for me to buy that Aldo, right now, is better than McGregor, right now. To each their, own though. People said the same thing when Werdum beat Cain, guess we'll find out soon.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #123
Pro

War Eagle!'s Arena

OVR: 4

Aldo is the best fighter. Conor surely had some luck of the Irish on his side. Aldo is the GOAT, he'll bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #124
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Really hard for me to buy that Aldo, right now, is better than McGregor, right now. To each their, own though. People said the same thing when Werdum beat Cain, guess we'll find out soon.

I don't buy it either. What this made me realize is that people still see Aldo through the WEC lens. Him destroying Fabers legs or the double knees to Swanson. That guy is long gone.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea I can't buy it either. It's not like Aldo last 3 or so rounds then got KO'd. It took 13 SECONDS for him to get KO'd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #126
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I hate the whole mental aspect of this sport but it's obvious that Aldo went in over his head. He was trying to make a statement in this fight and came in too aggressive, and McGregor cleaned Aldo's clock. It's that simple.

I believe that Aldo is the better fighter out of the two, and it's not even close IMO. I'm not saying that Conor is one-dimensional, but his stand-up nullifies his wide variety of weaknesses. Aldo would have a field day with Conor if the fight hit the mat or he got the opportunity to engage a clinch.

You know what they say; styles make fights, and I think McGregor has Jose's number. He's a bad match-up for Jose. There is nothing else to it.

I'd like to see Jose take some time off to regroup and have a tune-up fight or two then fight Conor again. The dude is a tactician and would only learn from this fight. If you put all the animosity to the side, Jose would not have been finished in 13 seconds.

To say Jose has faded away is a ridiculous statement. He is the same fighter he has been for the past 4-5 years.

Chelsea FC
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #127
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
He got KO'd in 13 seconds. It's a lot more apt to when JDS KO'd Cain in a minute than when Werdum dominated him over the entire fight.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I hate the whole mental aspect of this sport but it's obvious that Aldo went in over his head. He was trying to make a statement in this fight and came in too aggressive, and McGregor cleaned Aldo's clock. It's that simple.

I believe that Aldo is the better fighter out of the two, and it's not even close IMO. I'm not saying that Conor is one-dimensional, but his stand-up nullifies his wide variety of weaknesses. Aldo would have a field day with Conor if the fight hit the mat or he got the opportunity to engage a clinch.

You know what they say; styles make fights, and I think McGregor has Jose's number. He's a bad match-up for Jose. There is nothing else to it.

I'd like to see Jose take some time off to regroup and have a tune-up fight or two then fight Conor again. The dude is a tactician and would only learn from this fight. If you put all the animosity to the side, Jose would not have been finished in 13 seconds.

To say Jose has faded away is a ridiculous statement. He is the same fighter he has been for the past 4-5 years.

I don't agree with that last statement at all. He is not the same fighter he was in the WEC. You could make an argument that he lost the Edgar and Mendes 2 fights and he just got starched by Conor. Injuries and ring rust have affected him.

With that said, just because he's faded a little doesn't mean that he isn't a AAA fighter or even can't be a dominant fighter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »