UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum

Old 12-03-2015, 02:22 AM   #33
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Will be glad to finally get it over with. Enough talking.

What's the over/under that Aldo does something at the weigh-ins or press events to get pulled from the fight? Jones/DC style but right before the fight.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

That makes zero sense. There's a numerical value that needs to be attached to an over/under. I think you just meant to say "what are the odds"

Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #34
EA UFC GameChanger

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Will be glad to finally get it over with. Enough talking.

What's the over/under that Aldo does something at the weigh-ins or press events to get pulled from the fight? Jones/DC style but right before the fight.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Not a chance. Aldo hasnt fought in over a year and this is the biggest fight of his life. He will make more money than he ever has against Conor. No way he misses this fight.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 AM   #35
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Man, if Bones or Rhonda acted like that, a few of you would have written long form think pieces complete with child psychology analysis.

I hope Aldo wins in convincing fashion.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
Old 12-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #36
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I was a huge fan of Aldo in the WEC, but since his reign in the UFC he's habitually done just enough to cruise to decision victories. In most bouts its clear as day he's head and shoulders the better fighter. He's had 2 finishes in the UFC, the Chad Mendes knee KO and when he finished the Korean Zombie after KZ separated his shoulder.(doesn't count in my book as a finish)

I read a great piece yesterday http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/2...regor#comments consisting of fighter's thoughts before, during and after fighting Aldo. Next I watched one Aldo's highlight videos and was simply amazed again by him. Sitting in related videos was Mcgregor's insult compilation so I figured I'd watch it again.

It's like some crazy knight found a sleeping dragon and every chance he gets he tries to p*ss it off. It's gold really. Either the knight finally awakens the dragon and it destroys him or the crazy knight does the unthinkable and slays it. In the end the fans win.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I was a huge fan of Aldo in the WEC, but since his reign in the UFC he's habitually done just enough to cruise to decision victories. In most bouts its clear as day he's head and shoulders the better fighter. He's had 2 finishes in the UFC, the Chad Mendes knee KO and when he finished the Korean Zombie after KZ separated his shoulder.(doesn't count in my book as a finish)

I read a great piece yesterday http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/2...regor#comments consisting of fighter's thoughts before, during and after fighting Aldo. Next I watched one Aldo's highlight videos and was simply amazed again by him. Sitting in related videos was Mcgregor's insult compilation so I figured I'd watch it again.

It's like some crazy knight found a sleeping dragon and every chance he gets he tries to p*ss it off. It's gold really. Either the knight finally awakens the dragon and it destroys him or the crazy knight does the unthinkable and slays it. In the end the fans win.
Great post, my man.

I can't wait to see how the fight plays out. I believe in Conor. I also believe Aldo is a true savage. I think people sleep on Aldo's BJJ game. He's got legit "sick jitz" as they say on TUF.

PS4 Pro Media
Imgur - Twitch - YouTube

OS Blog
Old 12-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #38
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope Aldo unleashes the beast and finishes this fight.

I have no problem with Conor, in fact he's grown on me as of late. I used to hate him but I've come to see myself liking him. But Aldo deserves the recognition that would come with a KO over Conor. He'd instantly become a big draw, and he deserves to be. If he was American and spoke perfect English, the UFC would promote the **** out of him.

I just don't think Aldo gets the respect he deserves from a lot of fans. He's one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen, and I think it's hilarious when I see casual fans say he has 'no chance' against Conor.

I just can't wait for this fight. I'm counting down the days, and the anticipation is killing me.

Chelsea FC
Old 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #39
EA UFC GameChanger

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I hope Aldo unleashes the beast and finishes this fight.

I have no problem with Conor, in fact he's grown on me as of late. I used to hate him but I've come to see myself liking him. But Aldo deserves the recognition that would come with a KO over Conor. He'd instantly become a big draw, and he deserves to be. If he was American and spoke perfect English, the UFC would promote the **** out of him.

I just don't think Aldo gets the respect he deserves from a lot of fans. He's one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen, and I think it's hilarious when I see casual fans say he has 'no chance' against Conor.

I just can't wait for this fight. I'm counting down the days, and the anticipation is killing me.
I dont agree with that. The lack of Aldo promotion and fame is pretty much all of his fault.

1) He refuses to even try to learn to speak english. Every major Brazilian star either speaks fluent English or tries. Silva, W. Silva, Machida, Belfort, Dos Santos, Werdum. All of them have improved their English and their fame and name recognition has grown. Aldo refuses to learn and his name recognition has suffered.

2) He's injury prone as hell. He's been in the UFC almost 5 years and has only fought 7 times. As a comparison, Mighty Mouse Johnson has fought 13 times in the same period. Another issue is that Aldo doesnt have the killer/finisher instinct he had in the WEC. He rarely tries to finish fights. He's only aggressive when fighting someone like Mendes who constantly pressures him and forces him to fight. Other than that he's content to just sit back and slowly pick apart opponents.

I'm not saying that its a bad thing to do that just that it doesnt lead to fame or people interested in seeing your fights.

The Conor fight should help him alot because Conor will force him to strike with him and it could lead to a finish by Aldo.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If Aldo can land those leg kicks semi-consistently, then Conor will have a long night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »