Home

UFC 197: Mighty Mouse v. Cejudo/ Bones v. Saint Preux

This is a discussion on UFC 197: Mighty Mouse v. Cejudo/ Bones v. Saint Preux within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:11 AM   #49
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 197: Mighty Mouse v. Cejudo/ Bones v. Saint Preux

Really interested in how Yair looks tonight. I guess he left Izzy Martinez on good terms and is training with University of Illinois wrestling coach.

My mma knowledge is wack, but was kind of concerned about the effectiveness of Izzy's style of wrestling after watching Holm vs Tate.

It will be interesting to see how his wrestling is, as his wild techniques can sometimes cause him trouble.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #50
Banned

Pepsi's Arena

Cejudo has only fought 1 opponent who is still a ranked contender. The rest of his opponents have been .500 fighters, and he hasn't finished one. Not one!

He hasn't looked that impressive, and I would be surprised if he can hang with DJ. I suppose he does need to fight someone. Has this TUF title shot thing even happened in the men's division since the comeback season?
Old 04-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #51
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Only time I remember it happening is women's strawweight, so I think it hasn't happened for men since comeback session
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Cejudo has the wrestling skills that should be able to stop the take downs. If MM can't take him down, then what happens to his game plan and style? MM should have the striking advantage, but neither of them have a lot of power. Cejudo will need to make this a close fight in the clinch the whole time. He needs to create scrambles and see if he can take and hold down MM.

Hopefully it isn't a boring 5 round dominant MM decision like normal.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Has this TUF title shot thing even happened in the men's division since the comeback season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Only time I remember it happening is women's strawweight, so I think it hasn't happened for men since comeback session
It shouldn't happen at all. They are doing it because TUF is no longer important to fighters. It is easier to go through regional circuit if you have the talent to make it to the UFC. Too much risk to go into the house and fight that many times and usually above your normal weight class.

Giving a title fight may be the only way to get top talent on the show. I think they have already rescheduled the date where they rate everyone because they didn't get enough talent.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #54
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

I want OSP to win because it'd be a good story, but I also want Jones to win because a rematch with DC will be money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
It shouldn't happen at all. They are doing it because TUF is no longer important to fighters. It is easier to go through regional circuit if you have the talent to make it to the UFC. Too much risk to go into the house and fight that many times and usually above your normal weight class.

Giving a title fight may be the only way to get top talent on the show. I think they have already rescheduled the date where they rate everyone because they didn't get enough talent.

I dont agree with that. Best case scenario, even if you lose on the show you will likely get a chance to fight at the TUF finale. Even if that doesnt happen, the UFC has been very willing to use former TUF contestants as fill ins for injured fighters.

The reason to not do TUF is you get to avoid the TUF contract which locks you into 5-7 fights at a very low show/win payout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #56
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Good day to be a fight fan, pretty stoked for this card. If course I'm a big fan of might mouse and enjoy his style of fighting.

I'm liking the commentary team of Rogan and Cormier so far. Sounds like the dudes are having fun.

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-23-2016 at 06:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »