Home

Does Mighty Mouse take #1 in p4p rankings tomorrow?

This is a discussion on Does Mighty Mouse take #1 in p4p rankings tomorrow? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Mighty Mouse take #1 in p4p rankings tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Conor was crazy famous before his ko of Aldo. Conor was promoted like crazy for months before the Aldo fight was called off and he fought Mendes. Remember the world tour where Conor was having a blast stealing Aldo's belt and ripping pictures in Irish bar in Brazil. He took over press conferences and didn't let people talk.

I understand you provided examples, but nearly everyone thinks differently and takes different things away from what they see.

I'm huge DJ fan, and I hate Conor's antics, so my opinion is most likely scewed.
I wouldn't say he was crazy famous before that. I really hadn't heard of him before then. And I am as casual as they come. The only PPV I have ever watched was that McGregor v. Aldo card. I would play the games every now and then but never really watch it. And I had never heard of McGregor before the 2nd Aldo fight got promoted. But after that his popularity went through the roof. But then there is the other part of my post. Conor marketed himself, not the UFC. I highly doubt that the UFC told Conor to attend a presser dressed like El Chapo. Or told him to spew his mouth off every press conference. Or tell him to almost choke someone during a press conference. That is the **** that made Conor famous. He did that **** on his own, not because the UFC told him to. Now if MM did some **** like that he would be as famous as McGregor.

Edit: Wanted to add this, I can tell you some guys names but I couldn't tell you at all what division they are in. Like GSP, Anderson Silva, Couture, Liddell. Know all of those names and that they were great but couldn't tell for the life of me what weight division they were ever in.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 04-26-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #18
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

IMO Conor really started blowing up after the Poirier fight and his talk before fight. He was pretty hyped in his first ufc fight but not that known by the masses.

I think his fight in Ireland against Diego Brandao really opened White's eyes up and right after that the McGregor show began.

He certainly wasn't as famous as he was in the world tour before the Aldo fight got postponed, but there was a ton of media and promotion for him.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:33 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'm huge DJ fan, and I hate Conor's antics, so my opinion is most likely scewed.
DJ has been promoted a ton and no one seems to care. He had I think exclusive sponsorship from Xbox, he is at the top of the P4P, he headlines PPVs, etc. People just don't care because he wanted to lay and pray. He has improved and now no one can deny that he is a great fighter, but everyone has already made up their minds. If he continues to finish fights, he may be able to get enough fans to headline again.

Then you have the issues with the fans. He has no clue how to draw up interest or respond to questions about fans not caring about him. He seems likeable outside of the normal media stuff, but he needs to let that out in front of the media and fans.

I think he is more like Dodson, but he just won't embrace it.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 AM   #20
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

DJ was sponsored by XBOX because he's a gamer and his people reached out to them, UFC didn't hook him up with that sponsor. And he's said before it was more of a fan thing on his part, for some fights they didn't even pay him any money. Also, he just had the logo on his shorts, it's not like he was in Xbox commercials.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #21
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Jones is the GOAT.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #22
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

JBJ #1

DJ #2
Old 05-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Jones is the GOAT.
LOL. I don't think so...

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-06-2017 at 07:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »