Home

UFC on FOX 20 - 7/23

This is a discussion on UFC on FOX 20 - 7/23 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC on FOX 20 - 7/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Yeah man. WWE fans scare me, and I have a feeling the crowd would be a decent amount wilder if a bunch of cm punk fans are there.
Really?

I've been to 12 UFC fights and 3 WWE PPVs and the UFC fans scare me WAY more. You rarely if ever see fights in the stands at WWE events. There have been 6 at the UFC events I've gone to.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #18
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

I went to a WWF show when I was younger, and as far as mma I've been to a few amateur fights years ago. All of those were pretty wild.

I've already decided just to not go. Maybe next year.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've only been to one UFC Event and there was one fight. I never felt threatened at all despite the fight being a few rows from me. I'm pretty sure it was some dude being an a-hole and started hitting one some other dude's woman. Dude #2 felt disrespected so he waited until the fights were over to get a taste for himself. Security swooped in fairly quickly so it didn't last too long, but I was like "free fight", hell yeah!".

I've been to other sports teams games as a visiting fan multiple times (LSU as an Alabama fan, Saints game as a Packers fan and Pelicans games as a Celtics fan) and my take is don't be an *** and you will be fine. Basically, as long as you leave people alone, they will leave you alone.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I've only been to one UFC Event and there was one fight. I never felt threatened at all despite the fight being a few rows from me. I'm pretty sure it was some dude being an a-hole and started hitting one some other dude's woman. Dude #2 felt disrespected so he waited until the fights were over to get a taste for himself. Security swooped in fairly quickly so it didn't last too long, but I was like "free fight", hell yeah!".

I've been to other sports teams games as a visiting fan multiple times (LSU as an Alabama fan, Saints game as a Packers fan and Pelicans games as a Celtics fan) and my take is don't be an *** and you will be fine. Basically, as long as you leave people alone, they will leave you alone.
NFL games are the worst when it comes to brawls imo. I've seen a few of those.

Dave_S,

Dont let the small chance at a fight make you hesitant to go to an event. I LOVE going to UFC fights. The atmosphere is incredible. There are 10-12 fights so you get your money's worth.

I've been to the NBA Finals, a Super Bowl and a MLB All Star game and none of them could touch the atmosphere of the GSP/Shields or Aldo/McGregor cards I went to.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #21
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
NFL games are the worst when it comes to brawls imo. I've seen a few of those.

Dave_S,

Dont let the small chance at a fight make you hesitant to go to an event. I LOVE going to UFC fights. The atmosphere is incredible. There are 10-12 fights so you get your money's worth.

I've been to the NBA Finals, a Super Bowl and a MLB All Star game and none of them could touch the atmosphere of the GSP/Shields or Aldo/McGregor cards I went to.
This. I've only been to one UFC event and the card wasn't even all that great. That being said, I had a ball. Unless you're in there running your mouth to people, I wouldn't worry about anything. Most people just wanna enjoy some fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not scared of getting in funny fight, just have anxiety. If the wwe fans in attendance behave like any other ufc fan I suspect it will be fine.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #23
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Rumble is off the card. Hopefully he didn't pop and it's a minor injury
Old 07-19-2016, 04:07 AM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Curious what's next after Barboza if he beats Melendez. I really don't think he will fight for title as long Alvarez has the belt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »