Home

Fedor close to signing with the UFC

This is a discussion on Fedor close to signing with the UFC within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Fedor close to signing with the UFC

‏@jeremybotter
Fedor just told @arielhelwani that he’s closer than ever to signing with the UFC. Said UFC made him an offer and they have points to discuss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fedor close to signing with the UFC

I really have to stop getting excited over reports like that. It's not going to happen, I guess I want it too much.

They're just fishing for lucrative offers from competitors again, and they want to keep all doors open. But in the end its just not going to work. Same story every time. Oh how I'd love to be wrong on that one though. Ugh.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I really have to stop getting excited over reports like that. It's not going to happen, I guess I want it too much.

They're just fishing for lucrative offers from competitors again, and they want to keep all doors open. But in the end its just not going to work. Same story every time. Oh how I'd love to be wrong on that one though. Ugh.

I think it happens this time. There really isn't anyone for Fedor to fight outside of the UFC and a Brock or Werdum rematch could be big money.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think it happens this time. There really isn't anyone for Fedor to fight outside of the UFC and a Brock or Werdum rematch could be big money.
But there's money to be made in Japan. His manager Gary Millen, is VP of Rizin FC. As recent as last week, he was calling followers to boycott UFC 200. Making jokes about Dana White's appearance.

With that guy on Fedor's side, I can't see him ever going to the UFC. Any fight he makes, he'll throw the media a bone about signing with the UFC, but in reality is just fishing for the best deal available.

I don't see him actually wanting to pursue high caliber opponents.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
But there's money to be made in Japan. His manager Gary Millen, is VP of Rizin FC. As recent as last week, he was calling followers to boycott UFC 200. Making jokes about Dana White's appearance.

With that guy on Fedor's side, I can't see him ever going to the UFC. Any fight he makes, he'll throw the media a bone about signing with the UFC, but in reality is just fishing for the best deal available.

I don't see him actually wanting to pursue high caliber opponents.
I dont know how much money Rizin actually has. Their second card was significantly worse than their first when it came to talent. They dont have a big money Japanese TV deal and zero distribution in the US. No PPV options.

I wonder how long they can survive paying Fedor what they need to so that he doesnt fight elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 02:47 AM   #6
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

If i say i don't really care no more and i think even if he joins the UFC he will get beat down because UFC comp is on a whole new level plus he is much older and im just not pumped anymore. Plus i was never really a fan of him and i don't care.

(Please don't hate me ppl)
Old 06-21-2016, 04:56 PM   #7
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
“They were going to let him die before they stopped that fight, you know that?” White said. “But a testament to how tough and durable and mentally strong Fedor is, man. He was out. He was out. Literally, when he got back up … when a guy is on crazy legs the way that he was on crazy legs, and it’s not like he was on crazy legs and able to avoid punches after that. He continued to get hit with bombs by Maldonado and he made it through it.
“But I’ll tell you this: Those refs were willing to let him die before they stopped that fight, No. 1. And No. 2, Fedor’s got a chin and he’s a tough guy.”
White said the possibility of Emelianenko eventually getting a fight in the UFC still remains. At the very least, he knows there’s still an audience for the 37-year-old heavyweight.
“We’ve been negotiating for many, many, many years,” White said. “I’ll tell you this: Fight Pass did very well with that fight, so people do still want to watch Fedor.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/dana-wh...to-watch-fedor
Dana White comments on Fedor's last fight.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Fedor will turn 40 in September.

Maybe the UFC brings him in to face Lesnar if Brock wants/gets another fight, but outside of that, I personally have no real interest in seeing Fedor get destroyed by any current HW contender in the UFC.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »