Home

UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson (10-1-2016)

This is a discussion on UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson (10-1-2016) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 02:58 AM   #81
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson (10-1-2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
He are some stats from the main event.
That's freaking insane picture. Didn't even seem like close to that, at all, but I certainly wasn't keeping track. Latest fight metric has Dodson outlanding Lineker 101-93.

Lineker had some flurries and what not, but I didn't see those numbers.

I'm not really upset by the decision, but just knowing for a fact it was going to be a split decision because of who was judging seems meh.

In my eyes in certainly looked like Dodson had much more effective striking a majority of the time. Seemed like typical Jackson/Winkeljohn fight where pretty much everything outside of a finish went according to plan.

Last edited by Dave_S; 10-02-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 04:33 AM   #82
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Lineker had a few nice flurries, but Dodson won. Fun fight, though. I didn't really consider it a robbery or anything. That whole Cowboy/Brooks scene post fight was wild.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #83
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Here is a picture of the score card from last nights main event.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
He are some stats from the main event.
Not sure where they got those #s from. No way Lineker landed that many punches. He was throwing all power and missing most of the time even in the flurries.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #85
MVP

Missed yesterdays event but caught the recap sad that both Will Brooks and Louis Smolka got finished. The main event seems to have some controversy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #86
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

So Chael basically laid the smack down on fighters missing weight, the current system for that process in general, and the whole "Brooks signed his name, its on him" argument.

A lot of really good points are made in this clip, IMO.

I feel there are definitely some problems right the system right now and I would like to see some changes made. I agree with Joel and Chael that Brooks/Oliveira was not a fair fight, and Oliveira should not advance in rankings/Brooks should not fall in the rankings. I also agree that you will never see a fighter (correct me if I am wrong but it has NEVER happened once in the UFC) an opponent opt to NOT fight after his opponent misses weight. In retrospect, Brooks obviously should of, but of course he didn't. No one would. We can't pretend like the UFC doesn't keep a "**** list" and put guys in the doghouse all the time. Brooks would have been called a coward by everyone, as well. It should NOT be the opponents call. Without a fight there is no Win Money and 99 percent of UFC fighters NEED that win money. The commission or UFC should make the call and 5.5 pounds is way too much to miss by and still get to fight. I also agree with the guys that 20 percent isn't enough, not for 5.5 pounds. I think if you miss by over a full pound you should get slammed HARD. HARD.

On the FLIP side of this, I also agree that it is weird that you only get once chance to weight in, or at least Lineker only got one chance to weigh in. I feel like normally he would have been allowed an hour or whatever to drop that bit of weight.

Before responding to what I just wrote and blasting my opinion, please listen to the clip as they say it better than I ever could. I am used to having the unpopular opinion but before I get roasted at least listen to the guys talk about it, it is a pretty interesting conversation.

Also, after re-watching the fight I agree with a lot of people that Dodson definitely won that fight. I have a hard time giving a guy credit for "effective striking" based purely on raw volume when most of that volume only landed on air. I also HATE the "he was running" rhetoric we have seen three times in the last couple months (Conor, Reem, and Dodson). That is silly to me.

Just my opinions, of course.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 10-06-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

You now have 1 hour to weigh in and can choose when to weigh in during that hour. So no additional time is needed or given.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »