Home

UFC 225: Whittaker VS Romero II

This is a discussion on UFC 225: Whittaker VS Romero II within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 225: Whittaker VS Romero II

Just saw a report by Ariel that the WW interim fight was originally to be between McGregor vs RDA ...before the bus incident .

I think it's getting comical now . Guy has never fought at ww ...and he gets an interim shot .

Ranking is a joke.

I like McGregor but man that's not right .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #18
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Conor has fought twice at WW.
And no it would make no sense.

Tired of Conor popping up on my news feed every once in a while "Conor thinks this", "this could have happen with Conor", "I will fight Conor says washed up heavyweight".
Old 06-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #19
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Pretty excited for this ENTIRE card.
Only the first fight I have no feelings towards. the rest of the card is just straight fire!

Joseph Benavidez VS Sergio Pettis

They say no one wanna watch DJ fight and then they put his 1# contender on a damn early prelims card? This is a pretty important fight for the flyweight division. Pettis gets a redo at his loss agains Cejudo. It's clear the UFC wants him to fight for the title, and that Benavidez needs to walk through fire and brimstones to get his 3rd crack. But the man is a machine, 6 straight wins in a division that needs contenders. Honestly not sure what this fight does for him unless he KO's Pettis. I would have loved to see Cejudo vs Benavides II for the title eliminator instead.

Raphael Dos Anjos VS Colby Covington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Odds shifted to Colby winning.
Not surprised. People are giving Colby a lot of flack. The man is 9-1 in the UFC, and perhaps not all against big names, but that's damn impressive.

Holly Holm VS Megan Anderson

I'm actually most psyched about this one. This in my mind is a brilliant match-making by the UFC, and will set up the future of any featherweight division -which has been plagued with issues.

On one hand we can't keep feeding Cyborg these lambs to the slaughter.
on the other hand Holly has missed every opportunity to seize that belt.
So you give Holly the chance to get back into the title picture, and sorry to say that she will most definitely be eligible for a rematch if she smokes Anderson. And Anderson has to prove her worth in the Octagon to hype up any possible match against Cyborg. we are tired of these Evingers/Yanas that come and go. But if Megan beats Holly in a unquestionable fashion, that finally sets up a real fight. I just wished the UFC would have thrown a crap ton of money at Germain de Randamie to get her butt whooped. And I wouldn't be shocked if they did, and she told them to take a hike.

I really want there to be a thriving W Featherweight division in the UFC, my fears is that as soon as Cyborg loses the belt they back up the division, so creating contenders is super important.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Odds shifted to Colby winning.
Yh i'm not sleeping on Colby. He has the ability to dictate where the fight takes place if he can get that wrestling going. RDA isn't known for having the best td defense...especially against high lvl wrestlers. Most of the good wrestlers he's fought have taken him down. At the same time though, he has defended over 60% of td attempts against him in the octagon.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #21
MVP

Man it's going to be something else that night .

I'm kinda surprised at people giving Colby chance at RDA ...but then again this is MMA . I have yet to see Colby's fights tho . But RDA will do to him what he did to Maia if he tries to grapple him .

Then again he could just go the khabib route on RDA .

Let me do my home work on this kid before I start predicting .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #22
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Man it's going to be something else that night .

I'm kinda surprised at people giving Colby chance at RDA ...but then again this is MMA . I have yet to see Colby's fights tho . But RDA will do to him what he did to Maia if he tries to grapple him .

Then again he could just go the khabib route on RDA .

Let me do my home work on this kid before I start predicting .

Yh he hasn't fought any huge names outside of Kim and Maia, but he is a high lvl wrestler with a very relentless style that breaks guys. We've seen that style give RDA problems before against Khabib and like I said in my previous post, most the good wrestlers RDA's fought have put him on his back. So it all comes down to if RDA will be able to stop the wrestling. That's really Colby's only threat, but it's such a viable one cuz it let's you dictate where the fight goes.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #23
MVP

Yeah bro ...he might just go khabib on him .

Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #24
MVP

Huge upset tho ...but really does RDA himself deserve an interim title shot ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »