Home

UFC 228: Woodley v Till

This is a discussion on UFC 228: Woodley v Till within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 228: Woodley v Till

Haha haha

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #26
Pro

I don’t believe Woodley has the tools to win this fight.

Way I see it, Till doesn’t have to worry about takedowns, kicks, pressure, jabs, tricky footwork, anything. I just think Till shrugs off any teleraphed right hands Woodley throws, walks forward, asserts his presence, forces himself into Woodley’s space, and forces Woodley to fight. At which point, it will become clear that Woodley’s striking is nowhere near Till’s level, and Woodley will be forced to shell up and move away.

It will quickly become a contest of Woodley missing right hands and eating left hands if he chooses to stay in the pocket (and Till will make sure the entire fight takes place in the pocket). Woodley’s cardio isn’t good enough to sustain a high pace - which would be necessary to get Till’s respect. And Woodley’s counters aren’t diverse enough to get Till’s respect either. Till will have no reason not to walk Woodley down.

Whereas Till’s left hand will be a constant threat, his kicks will be a constant threat, and Woodley will be unable to advance on Till without getting countered. An invisible line will essentially be drawn, which Woodley cannot safely cross without getting zapped - while Till can cross this line at will, knowing the only threat of doing so is a right hand and maybe a double leg.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #27
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I don’t believe Woodley has the tools to win this fight.

Way I see it, Till doesn’t have to worry about takedowns, kicks, pressure, jabs, tricky footwork, anything. I just think Till shrugs off any teleraphed right hands Woodley throws, walks forward, asserts his presence, forces himself into Woodley’s space, and forces Woodley to fight. At which point, it will become clear that Woodley’s striking is nowhere near Till’s level, and Woodley will be forced to shell up and move away.

It will quickly become a contest of Woodley missing right hands and eating left hands if he chooses to stay in the pocket (and Till will make sure the entire fight takes place in the pocket). Woodley’s cardio isn’t good enough to sustain a high pace - which would be necessary to get Till’s respect. And Woodley’s counters aren’t diverse enough to get Till’s respect either. Till will have no reason not to walk Woodley down.

Whereas Till’s left hand will be a constant threat, his kicks will be a constant threat, and Woodley will be unable to advance on Till without getting countered. An invisible line will essentially be drawn, which Woodley cannot safely cross without getting zapped - while Till can cross this line at will, knowing the only threat of doing so is a right hand and maybe a double leg.
Yh I agree. And the thing is Till isn't really going to fight Woodley in the pocket either. He comes in and makes you think that and then when you swing back he's out of distance and ready to counter you. He'll pick Woodley apart if Woodley allows him to just pressure and back him to the fence. Where it becomes a bit tricky is Woodley's speed and explosiveness though. He can close distance pretty quick so if you get too close he may be able to dart in and tag you. And if he tags Till with that right hand it's gonna be trouble and will quickly become more of a fight.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #28
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't count Woodley out anymore. It's gonna be a tough test, though. That's for sure.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 PM   #29
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't count Woodley out anymore. It's gonna be a tough test, though. That's for sure.
Yh you can't ever count a guy that has that kind of power out. Till is gonna be a tall task for sure though cuz he's a really skilled striker. His fight with wonderboy answered all my questions in regards to how skilled a striker he is. So dangerous fight for Woodley for sure and tbh I see Till winning, but counting Woodley out would be crazy. He lands that right and things can change in an instant.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:17 AM   #30
Rookie

Do you guys think that Till is the hardest fight for Woodley at WW?
Old 08-19-2018, 03:54 AM   #31
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sails
Do you guys think that Till is the hardest fight for Woodley at WW?
I think Usman and then Colby would be the tougher fights.

I predict that unless one or both fighters feel the real need to be exciting (which they very well may) that Tyron will play the game not to lose (He's turning into an MMA version of Floyd). I see a 5 round decision, close but fair decision win for Woodley.

but this is MMA, I'm sure Daren Till ends up KO flying superman Tyron in the first 10 seconds or something.

Edit: Actually I'm too harsh on Woodley. His last 4 fights were 2 super boring fights. 1 fight of the night. and one 1st round KO of the champ.

Last edited by MacGowan; 08-19-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 03:58 AM   #32
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Btw, does anyone know the betting odds for Valentina VS Nico?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »