Home

UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor

This is a discussion on UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #41
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor

I was just joking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #42
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
He has never come into a fight not ready though. He also wasn't affected in his last fight. So I think he should be able to handle that.

Khabib is the one who may need to worry about that. This is the biggest fight of his career.

If you look at the pictures, Conor is thin, almost too thin. He looks like he has dropped mass to help deal with the cardio issues. I doubt that solves it completely, but it may make him faster.

Khabib looks bigger and has a tough cut. He gasses in his fights, but he usually is laying on people so it isn't as noticeable.

I wouldn't count Conor out because of all his experience, but who knows what happens. Was he training much before signing, is he in great shape, is he just doing it for the money, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yh i'll never count out anybody that has "one hitter quiter" type power. And yes you're right we have seen Khabib slow down in fights, where he's usually on top. But the thing is despite him slowing down, he still manages to grind out his opponents cuz of the high lvl wrestling. Conor is going to make him work though. Aside from the fight starting on the feet giving Conor the advantage at the start, add to that him having really good movement and when he does get taken down he's really good scrambling and popping back up. But Conor is his best early on in fights though. He has about two and a half rounds of being really solid before he starts to slow down and the tide starts to turn. If he doesn't finish Khabib in the early rounds and also has to grapple a lot in those rounds, I think we see Khabib being able to possibly finish him by sub or grind out a decision win.

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #43
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Conor is making a lot of sense on ufc tonight, also talked about Nathan. Interesting.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #44
Just started!

I am a huge fan of McGregor. And I support McGregor. But by the time he's loosing his patience and cool, it looks like he will lose his fan following sooner or later. I won't say that Khabib will win. But I will say that may the best man wins. Kz this fight is the biggest for everyone and especially for Khabib. So he has to keep his eyes open.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFerguson2
It's not that simple I'd say. I do agree with you here though. Until Khabib manages to get in somehow, Conor is always going to be at an advantage, he can keep playing to his strengths. He can always keep him out through zoning. But I do assume that once Khabib gets in, it's going to be really hard for Conor, and I mean really hard for him to just put him away at that point. Some guy I know at a post in UKFF made a long *** post on it with a total build-up. You might like to read that. Khabib's legacy has been pretty neat so far. Conor's has been bloody but too dang impressive. There's also this post on the fight buildup and some of their career highlight you might to check out with promos and highlights for a quick recap (ignore the irrelevant stuff).

https://www.ivacy.com/blog/watch-mcg...b-live-stream/

I am just so glad I like both Conor and Khabib. Whoever wins is a win for me. Just hoping for an exciting brutal competitive fight.

Just waiting to watch khabib vs McGregor Live Online on PPV. Got a cheap deal from the UFC Philippines website.

But if McGregor Wins I am surely going to pop the cap on this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43134459_685735195133702_5714177988434591744_n.jpg (103.4 KB, 47 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 07:33 AM   #46
Rookie

This will be an interesting fight for sure. Hope there will be action and not just bouncing around. However, from where are going to watch it? If your country isn't streaming it you may want to get something like NordVPN to spoof that you are in the US for example and watch directly from UFC website (here's a good deal BTW). Kinda sucks that you have to do that, but some countries are just stubborn like that with their favourite sports and not something like UFC.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #47
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

You got a replica belt? you're my new bestfriend for sure.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Khabib isn't very good off his back, Conor should just take him down.
Dude did you see him pull guard on abel truijllo ...not a good idea .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »