Home

ONE Championship signs deal with Turner Sports.

This is a discussion on ONE Championship signs deal with Turner Sports. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ONE Championship signs deal with Turner Sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Terrible news as the fights will be on B/R live, for a fee. Some larger fights with US fighters will be taped delayed on TNT. Stupid move to even bother with writing a contract to tap delay fights around 12 hours or streaming during hours when. People are sleeping.

MMA fans lose again. Streaming is causing everything to be split up and at higher prices. ESPN+ $5, DAZN $10, BR LIVE $10 plus cable subscription. Way to much money, harder to pause and skip commercials and down time, so looks like I won't be watching a lot of MMA in the next year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Once ufc goes to ESPN is there any reason to keep fight pass? All the little charges are adding up to big money.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Once ufc goes to ESPN is there any reason to keep fight pass? All the little charges are adding up to big money.
Not that I've seen, but I don't know if any of the other orgs stay on FP or if there will still be a few FP only cards.

I think there was also talk of doing something so it was $4.99 if you got ESPN+ but who knows what happened with that.

Even though I hate the idea of streaming services because of the increased costs, looks like I'll be forced to get ESPN+.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #11
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
ESPN+ is only available in the US, so the rest of us will still need it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
ESPN+ is only available in the US, so the rest of us will still need it.
I meant is there any reason for me to keep my subscription.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #13
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I meant is there any reason for me to keep my subscription.
I'm not sure if Invicta, EBI, etc makes it onto ESPN+, Plus I'm sure there are some obscure old Fight Pass content that has contracts that prevents it from moving to ESPN+.

In other words, no.

Side note and am sure this will horrify the admins; illegal streaming sites are as of today the superior way to watch UFC and Bellator. It's mindboggling that the promotions aren't doing enough to prevent this. it's like PirateBay before Netflix and Spotify. one easy link and you can watch early prelims, prelims, main card regardless if it's Fight Night, big Fight Night, or PPV in one setting. they need to figure this out or this will become a REAL problem within the next 5 years.
This ESPN deal just drives me nuts. The new UFC seem to be operating along the lines of: Fire sale this quarter, every quarter.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Side note and am sure this will horrify the admins; illegal streaming sites are as of today the superior way to watch UFC and Bellator. It's mindboggling that the promotions aren't doing enough to prevent this. it's like PirateBay before Netflix and Spotify. one easy link and you can watch early prelims, prelims, main card regardless if it's Fight Night, big Fight Night, or PPV in one setting. they need to figure this out or this will become a REAL problem within the next 5 years.
This ESPN deal just drives me nuts. The new UFC seem to be operating along the lines of: Fire sale this quarter, every quarter.
It depends though if they want to fight it. For the big cards sure, but a lot of the stuff they are putting out people aren't going to buy, so streaming at least still has people watching, still seeing the ads, etc. Then they will be more inclined to stick around and watch the other non-PPV stuff.

If you stop the streaming, you risk pushing those fans away completely.

It's also hard to stop it with stuff coming from overseas, it's just too hard to stop it in that amount of time.

With streaming available in 1080p, it's making it harder with all the costly choices they keep making. I already know I'm cutting back as I don't have the time or the want to stream cards live. If I can't record them and skip non fighting and LnP fights, then I know I won't be able to watch as much as I did. (And I had MMA, UFC, and Bellator all set to record everything on DTV).

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 01:12 AM   #15
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

admins? wanna clean up this bot?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »