Home

UFC on ESPN+: Cejudo v Dillashaw

This is a discussion on UFC on ESPN+: Cejudo v Dillashaw within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
UFC on ESPN+: Cejudo v Dillashaw

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: UFC on ESPN+: Cejudo v Dillashaw

Ok this double champ thing is getting crazy. I personally think TJ is gonna blow Cejudo out of the water. So if Moraes beats Rafael, he better be fighting TJ next for the BW title.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
MVP

I sorta want Cejudo to win, but I am going with Dillashaw- he has more tools and mixes it much better based on what we've seen so far.

Dillashaw is more likely to get KOd of the two but also more likely to win a dominant decision imo... that may be flipped for most people.

This is based on Cejudo being more orthodox whereas Dillashaw leaves himself open more doing all the shifting he does similar to Cruz v Garbrant.

That said I think Cejudo's primary path to victory is keeping it simple and out wrestling Dillashaw. I may be wrong but Cejudo seems to be the more imposing of the two.

If Dillashaw wins the 125 division will be shut down most likely and perhaps opens to way for a 165, or maybe even a 195, division to open up.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I sorta want Cejudo to win, but I am going with Dillashaw- he has more tools and mixes it much better based on what we've seen so far.

Dillashaw is more likely to get KOd of the two but also more likely to win a dominant decision imo... that may be flipped for most people.

This is based on Cejudo being more orthodox whereas Dillashaw leaves himself open more doing all the shifting he does similar to Cruz v Garbrant.

That said I think Cejudo's primary path to victory is keeping it simple and out wrestling Dillashaw. I may be wrong but Cejudo seems to be the more imposing of the two.

If Dillashaw wins the 125 division will be shut down most likely and perhaps opens to way for a 165, or maybe even a 195, division to open up.
I think TJ is the more imposing figure man. I mean he's the bigger guy, has way more tools and imo is a better MMA wrestler than Cejudo. Meaning he mixes his td's up better and sets them up better. I can see him taking Cejudo down just cuz of that. Cejudo has got improved striking since his fight with Reis, but doubt he can hang with TJ standing. I think TJ gets it done honestly. Of course, that all comes down to if we see a healthy TJ at 125 and not a drained one...hope he makes weight.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I think TJ is the more imposing figure man. I mean he's the bigger guy, has way more tools and imo is a better MMA wrestler than Cejudo. Meaning he mixes his td's up better and sets them up better. I can see him taking Cejudo down just cuz of that. Cejudo has got improved striking since his fight with Reis, but doubt he can hang with TJ standing. I think TJ gets it done honestly. Of course, that all comes down to if we see a healthy TJ at 125 and not a drained one...hope he makes weight.
I find Dillashaw to be more imposing in terms of his output.. but I mean physically it seems Cejudo is denser. TJ is bigger tho I think, at least in terms of height.

Dillashaw definitely mixes it up better and may land a few TDs but I don't think he can outgrapple Cejudo in the long run. Whereas Dillashaw clearly has an edge in terms of strike variety and unpredictability, Cejudo is more basic.

Dillashaw's style is more offensive but it leaves it self open more defensively. He is like the same but opposite to Cruz in that regard.

Garbrant was getting the better of Dillashaw by keeping it basic and simple early on until Garbrant felt he had it in the bag. Cejudo isn't nearly the striker Garbrant is but he could captialize on openings better by remaining composed.

That said, Dillashaw just has more ways to win. He is the rightful favorite based on that, his pace, and technicality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

Is this exclusive to ESPN + ? This event and subsequent fight nights ?

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo

Yeah I believe this card exclusive to ESPN+. There are other cards that will be aired on ESPN, like Cain v Ngannou.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo

Only for USA. It's not available elsewhere. I believe the existing rights are staying the same right now. ESPN may get some contracts in the future though.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »