Home

If your opponent swings at all balls why throw strikes?

This is a discussion on If your opponent swings at all balls why throw strikes? within the MVP Baseball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Online
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
If your opponent swings at all balls why throw strikes?

If a pitcher in real life knows a hitter will swing at anything they will always throw away from the strike zone. Players need to make me throw strikes & penalize me for throwing balls by taking walks... But B/C they arent disciplined at the plate I get cursed at after the game. I'm not even that good. 1-3.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: If your opponent swings at all balls why throw strikes?

Well maybe its because this is a game and not real life and it is meant to have fun playing it.

Who pays you to play that you need to throw garbage
Old 03-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #3
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

This game is meant to have fun. Striking people out is fun. Striking people out who hack away at anything in their field of vision is very fun. Therefore, throwing all balls to get a K is fun. We're all winners.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Leagues
Well maybe its because this is a game and not real life and it is meant to have fun playing it.

Who pays you to play that you need to throw garbage
Coming from someone with no patience I take it?... Because when Ive played online, a Walk to me is so rewarding, and nearly half my runs that have scored, have been from guys who were put on with a walk...

People just come up with this "its a game, throw stikes" excuse, because they have no skill and cant hold off a 98 mph fast ball up high and out of the zone
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Well even tho I hate ppl that throw all balls...and not the biggest fan of get a better eye stuff on a video game...even tho i can watch pitches...I'm not gonna go practice on a game so i can watch pitches..it is a video game ...But i have no problem with ppl throwing balls..i guess just every pitch is takin it to far...And i'm actually pretty good at the game so im not a person that sucks and complains...but i prob throw50/50..usually w/e the other person does i do..u throw a lot of strikes i will..if u dont i wont...just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I try and throw strikes because to me that is more fun. Especially since I've noticed with fastballs you basically have to swing almost immediately to make contact online. I will try and get you to chase balls so I can get strikeouts, but I'd say 3 out of 5 pitches I'm trying to put the ball in the strike zone.

It's pretty obvious if your opponent refuses to throw strikes, and when that happens I just walk my way around the bases.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
Erv
MVP

I think there is a line though. Nobody wants to play the people who mix up low strikes and balls the entire game(indistinguishable unless a mistake).
Old 03-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #8
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
I think there is a line though. Nobody wants to play the people who mix up low strikes and balls the entire game(indistinguishable unless a mistake).
No they aren't. Don't say something like that in a matter of fact way. It isn't true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Online »