Home

Old 06-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #913
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: players not in the game caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmissile
DJ,how is Rick White still in baseball?He sucked for the Mets in 2000 and 2001 and has sucked for every team he has pitched for since.I don't get why anyone who has an IQ over 0 would want him on their team.
Darkmissile, I'm asking that very same question, everytime he takes the mound! My only answer is well that is Pirate Ownership for you. But I agree with you totally, I despise the guy, and every time he touches the ball we lose.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #914
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmastamind
Darkmissle, I'm asking that very same question, everytime he takes the mound! My only answer is well that is Pirate Ownership for you. But I agree with you totally, I despise the guy, and every time he touches the ball we lose.
I felt the same way about Mike DeJean.Thank god they released him.

And McClendon.Is he doing a bad job or is it that the team just sucks?Being someone that isn't watching the Pirates,I feel that he has done a good job with those teams,since most of them couldn't beat the AAA affiliate.Does he make terrible managerial decisions a la Art Howe(The Oakland A's teams Howe managed were the greatest teams of all time,because he made some of teh worst managerial decisions I have ever seen when he was on Oakland and when he was on the Mets.I would have driven him out of town.)or is it the fact that he has been there for so long and has never won a good amount of games and keeps on getting extensions?I think McClendon shows some fire and energizes the team,unlike Howe,who after every loss his comment would be "We battled" or "We gave it our all".
Old 06-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #915
Rookie

Quote:
I felt the same way about Mike DeJean.Thank god they released him.

And McClendon.Is he doing a bad job or is it that the team just sucks?Being someone that isn't watching the Pirates,I feel that he has done a good job with those teams,since most of them couldn't beat the AAA affiliate.Does he make terrible managerial decisions a la Art Howe(The Oakland A's teams Howe managed were the greatest teams of all time,because he made some of teh worst managerial decisions I have ever seen when he was on Oakland and when he was on the Mets.I would have driven him out of town.)or is it the fact that he has been there for so long and has never won a good amount of games and keeps on getting extensions?I think McClendon shows some fire and energizes the team,unlike Howe,who after every loss his comment would be "We battled" or "We gave it our all".

I'm not a huge McClendon fan. I think his managing skills are mediocre at best. I think he starts the wrong players and fiddles with the batting order too much. Also, though keep in mind the players he's given every year. So I'm not as opposed to McClendon as I am our Ownership.

However, he backs up his players, and certainly isn't afraid to argue a call. I do like that side of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #916
Rookie

Yeah,their owner is terrible.Wasn't the Bucs best free agent signing Ben grieve?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:13 PM   #917
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmastamind
Darkmissile, I'm asking that very same question, everytime he takes the mound! My only answer is well that is Pirate Ownership for you. But I agree with you totally, I despise the guy, and every time he touches the ball we lose.
You say you lose every time he touches the ball, but don't the pirates lose anyway?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #918
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james7182014
You say you lose every time he touches the ball, but don't the pirates lose anyway?

Mostly,

if you look at the past roadtrip though nothing went thier way, Umps, bounces, plays, pitching, NOTHING!!!

But if you look at the homestand right before that they went 12 and 4 (or something like that), it all has to do with confidence, and this Pirate team is a good young team! The problem mainly is Ownership. Ownership is the reason why we trade our prospects away, Ownership is the reason why we don't sign any good free agents.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #919
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah,their owner is terrible.Wasn't the Bucs best free agent signing Ben grieve?
Yea something like that. To be honest I didn't even pay attention. The one thing that ticked me off was the trade to KC. Leo Nunez for Benito Santiago, are you serious? We didn't even use Benito! He got hurt, we released him. What a Waste!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #920
Rookie

If you think the Pirates roat trip was bad,you should have seen the Mets on their 6 game fiasco with the A's and M's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »