Home

Old 05-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #609
Rookie

mtmcq284's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: players not in the game caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Any update to that CAP? I'm guessing that's based off of last year's AA stats. He's 3-12 with 1 HR and 2 RBIs for the Cubs so far. His hitting might should be at least in the upper 40's-low 50's against right handed pitchers, and maybe the low 40's against lefties. Just some suggestions.
I posted it in the "CAP Updates" thread. (Page 2, post 13)

www.fanfaregames.com/forum
Old 05-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #610
Banned

Bradley21's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not busy for the next 30 minutes (2:10pm). First person to PM me with Name, Organization and a bit about the player gets there CAP made immediately.

Please post here first to say the PM is sent to avoid a flood of PM's.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #611
Rookie

OVR: 0

About my Fiorentino CAP: Yeah, the guy only has 7 ML at-bats, but therein lies my explanation. He's already in the bigs. If you give him ratings in the 40s and 50s like nearly all other minor leaguers, he'll probably hit between .200 and .220 at the big league level with very little, if any, homers. Truth be told, Fiorentino's a monster hitter and at the worst, he's going to bat maybe .250 with a reasonable amount of homers in his ML stint. I keep the ratings low for guys who are still in the minors, just because obviously they don't hit well enough to get the call to the bigs, but for guys who make it to the show and are expected (by third parties) to impress immediately, I try to make them good enough to enjoy a little bit of success at the big league level in this game.

That being said, I probably should have given Fiorentino typical ratings for a guy who mashes at A-ball and then waited a little bit to give him better ratings. The higher-rating thing has worked well for me so far, though, with guys like Jason Ellison, Lance Niekro, Nick Swisher, and a couple other guys who entered the season with very little (or no) ML experience.

Anyway. I uploaded a textfile with 11 Athletics minor leaguers earlier today. Tell me what you guys think of these CAPs.

http://wankerbater.net/sharpie/athletics.txt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #612
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Here's Baseball Prospectus 05's projections for Fiorentino...
.260 average, 453 slug, 13 hr's, 329 abs, 3 SB, 2 CSs, 21 doubles

That's not that much power. Of course, those are just projections. I personally think his ratings should be in the 40's and 50's, and maybe his best hitting rating around 58 or so.

Maybe you should test some ratings and sim a month or so, and try to get them close to those numbers above.

Btw, the A's caps look pretty good.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

Last edited by cubsfan203; 05-15-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #613
Rookie

blinnkid19's Arena

OVR: 2

Is anyone working on Todd Self? or if there is a CAP for Self could someone point me to it.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 PM   #614
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

here's another A's cap
Matt Watson (Oakland Major league team)
Edit Catcher M.wilson on FA
Nov 5 1978
LF or OF
Throw Right
Bat left
2 star
Rock
5-11 200
face 2
color 6
Style 1
Facial 7
Bat 1
glove 3
Wristband 4
regular
mask 1
gloves on

Stance Ordonez
Tendiencies
Fastball
Take both 85
miss both 55
chase both 70
Curveball
Take both 70
miss both 65
chase both 65
Slider
Take both 50
miss both 80
chase vs lhp 0
chase vs rhp 60

Zones
Vs LHP
CNN
NNC
CCC
Vs RHP
NNN
NHN
CNC

somebody posted switzer ( it will be more confuseing with 2 of them so i won't post mine)

Iam working on self i am watching the Astros and the Giants maybe he will pinch hit.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:06 PM   #615
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Here's Baseball Prospectus 05's projections for Fiorentino...
.260 average, 453 slug, 13 hr's, 329 abs, 3 SB, 2 CSs, 21 doubles

That's not that much power. Of course, those are just projections. I personally think his ratings should be in the 40's and 50's, and maybe his best hitting rating around 58 or so.

Maybe you should test some ratings and sim a month or so, and try to get them close to those numbers above.

Btw, the A's caps look pretty good.
Hmm, he must have developed considerable power between the time of that projection and the start of the season, because he was flashing good power early on in A-ball. 14 XBH, including 5 HR, in 115 AB, which is solid, A-ball or not.

He may have also worked on speed during the offseason or maybe just decided to finally use the legs he has, because before the call-up, he had already legged out 3 triples and 5 steals (2 CS).

I know those stats only cover one month of the baseball season, but they're still impressive.

I think I will test some sample ratings to see what happens, though. I'll try to remember to post the results and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 PM   #616
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Sorry about dissagreeing, but I was also comparing it to someone like Ryan Howard. Your Fiorentino cap has more power than Howard both ways. Then you have to consider that Howard hit over 40 homers in AA and AAA combined last year in under 500 AB's.

That's my main reasoning for questioning the ratings. I was comparing it to players that are higher up in the prospect ratings.

Anyways, I simmed 20 games with your Fiorentino CAP in the MLB and him starting. I still think this is a little overrated, but here is what happened.
70 AB, .357 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI, .571 SLG, .440 OBP, 0 SB

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »